Friday, 12 September 2014

Christmas Friday...

Happy Friday,

Last year I launched a Christmas Friday and it seemed quite popular along with allowing me a specific day to show my Christmas Cards and projects early!  I am resurrecting this as although its only September it is getting closer.

Also This months design Team challenge over at Creative Expressions was all about Christmas and I made too many cards for my weekly stint! lol  so here is another offering form the same range.  Also tomorrow and Sunday Sue Wilson is presenting all of her Christmas Dies on Create And craft Click her Blog HERE for show times.  So we all get an opportunity to see the full range and to see what wonderful creations Sue has come up with, with these dies!

Today's card then is my first presentation for Christmas Friday and is one of the five or six cards I made for my place on the CE Design team (for details on how to apply for the design team see Wednesdays post for the link).

  I started by die cutting a circle in a few sheets of Coconut white, Red and vintage silver foundation card and cut them into increasing sized squares.  The front white panel I embossed using the Quilted Flowers A4 embossing folder  I then simply foam mounted each layer so that the circle remains through each sheet whilst the edges overlap.


I then die cut 2 of the holly swirls dies, these are great as the design has 2 separate dies which make the branches mirror each other, and added apple red twinkles as the berries.

The remainder is pretty simple I added three of the new satin flowers from Creative Expressions in the corner which, to me at least, remind me of Christmas roses. There is also a piece of Acetate at the back which shows the dimension between the layers and stops the aperture looking flat.  I added the finished front onto a 20 x 20cm red card blank onto which I have stamped the sentiment 'Tis the Season from a stamp set by Sam Poole.






Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Holly Swirl Die
Spellbinders Circle die
Creative Expressions Silk Flowers
Sam Poole robin stamp (sentiment form this set)
Red, Coconut White & Vintage silver foundation card stock form CE


Tune in tomorrow for a Christmas Something Different Saturday and news on how you can see a demo of how I made it!

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation John, I shall look forward to seeing more.

    I would absolutely love to enter for the DT but could not make it to Kettering lol! I feel to be able to commit to CE I would not be able to work in order to complete the tasks, I may be wrong. Good luck to all who enter and get taken on.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Oh my word this so stunning and classy love the colours. I'm looking forward to more of your Christmas cards.
    Right I'm off to a craft show in Manchester now.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-stunning card. No wonder you made it on the DT!

    I'm also off to the craft show in Manchester.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    There's a bit of artistic licence with the christmas roses, lol, but will let you off as your card is fantastic. Sheer elegance!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live the aperture idea I bet mine wouldn't line up though! Will be glued to the tele tomorrow for Sue's shows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection. This does not need to be Christmas, but ideal for winter birthdays or anniversaries. (you can keep it for me, John, since my Ruby wedding anniversary is in December!!)
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. I am still trying to catch up so have just seen yesterdays card which is lovely, great layout.
    Todays card is another beauty. I love Sue's holly dies, they look beautiful like this. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Just stunning, love it all and I agree the flowers do remind me of Christmas roses.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty accessories with the flower and leaf sprays, but, with sunny reflections on my screen (mustn't grumble at this lovely weather) I struggled to try and see what the dark circle was! (Sorry John).. I was wondering if there was a sentiment in there that did't show up well. Perhaps it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John, simply stunning. I like the look of those new satin flowers I am off to Ally Pally next week and I am going to make a bee line for the Creative Expressions stall. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card John, the rich red color is eye catching. Christmas is my favorite card making occasion, and I'm happy to be seeing some samples from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    another superb and wonderful card today.
    I love the fab design and the colour card you have used today.
    My I am tempted to tune into C &C tomorrow, as you can get some wonderful offers on Sue's dies there, pity my DH is on a no spending at the mo. Boo Hoo.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card John, it's never too early to start making Christmas cards, I've been doing some all year, that way, it's not such a massive task to do. Your card would also look good with a dome in the centre and some snow/glitter. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    How elegant! I love the way these dies are mirror images of each other and they sit beautifully around the aperture. Such a 'clean' design. I love it. I don't normally go for pre-made flowers, but I rather like these as well. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, John, I apologise for my earlier comment, it's dull today, and I can see the sentiment this time - so I take back what I said yesterday - so sorry.

    I wish I could be in Ally Pally, Iv'e only been to the Knitting and Stitching shows there, and my travelling days for these events are over I'm afraid, though I do make it to Dublin and Belfast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card luv everything about it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John another stunning card,I love the colours,and using the roses was a great idea.visiting your blog every day and seeing a bit of Art,that you make with your cards,is a joy.
    I am behind with my comments,as I have been to Dublin to see a Consultant.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete