Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

A Twenties Feel...

Happy Tuesday,

Todays card has a really simple feel which, to me at least, also have an art deco 1920's feel to it!  I love the combination of the vintage silver against the black.

I started by die cutting Sue's tethered hearts striplet die, without the outside cutting edge, into Vintage silver foundation card.  I then, simply (sorry Maggie for using that word!) foam mounted the piece over black card stock.  The remainder is just a little matting and layering and the sentiment panel.  I made this by stamping an old Creative Expressions sentiment onto black card with perfect medium then embossing it in detail silver powder onto black card.  I cut it out using the centre panel form the Austrian collection background die.  I mounted this over a hand cut mat of the same silver.

To finish off i added a few black perfect pearls from Ranger around and finished.




Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Tethered Hearts striplet Die
Austrian collection background die
Vintage silver and Black foundation card.


Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous John, lie you say a very simple card to make and its very effective with the Silver & Black. Love it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes simple is special and this is stunning in its simplicity - I adore it !!

    Hugs, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful card John. The silver card looks fantastic and I do like the heart dies.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Simple but so very elegant and I love the Art Deco feel to it. Any dark colour would look great with the silver for those who aren't keen on the black...but I love it.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    Not one of my favourite Striplets but does look very effective used in this way and yes,definitely an Art Deco vibe.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Love, love, love your card, so elegant and classy., great use of the silver with black. Stunning. This striplet die is a great one for wedding or anniversary cards.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. I am playing catch up again so want to say that I love the heart wreath, so easy but effective, yesterdays triplefold card is gorgeous, could be used for almost any occasion and todays card is simply beautiful. I love it, and again great for any time. What woukd we do without those Striplet dies? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John, simple but so effective and really elegant, Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another simple but yet so effective card - need to get this vintage silver card - been using the soft gold for a while and luv it so this is next in my list - just need to find s stockist other than C&C xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello John, love the silver and black, a really gorgeous card, thank you for sharing, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this combo was unsure whether I like.this Striplet or not but your creations are warming me to it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Afternoon John. Simple and elegant card. Love the colour combination. Have a great day. Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John love this card today so simple and elegant Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,yes a bit of Art Deco,and love the silver and black.The Die has not being my friend,I find it difficult to emboss,and cutting,I will have to try again,I wanted to cut it west to east,my terms., lol but I think I heard Sue say,to only cut North to South direction?? Any advice??.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just got a separate message from Creative Expressions. When I went there, I could not find your post for today. I am so glad you are still sending out your blog. I panicked when I could not find you there. They said they are redoing the way they send out their post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very classy card John. I love the silver card and Sue's die is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card ,love the silver and the heart die ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    I'd not spotted the Art Deco feel to this die, but the way you've used it makes it shine through. Such a simple and elegant card. I love it. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete