Saturday, 30 August 2014

Something Different Saturday...Been Playing


Happy Saturday,

Today's different is really different for me as I don't think I have ever shown an unfinished project or a work inn progress however I have had the opportunity this week to play with some different techniques and I so loved the results I thought it was different enough to warrant a post.



I have been playing with the masks I bought at the craft show I went to with Mrs D and using different techniques to makes backgrounds and front pieces for my cards.



 Look out over the next couple of weeks as I will make all of these into finished projects however I think it is fun to see them in their raw state!









The tigerish peacock feathers mask is made using Gilding flakes, a double sided adhesive sheet and Iced snow.






The Black and white is again using an adhesive sheet and iced snow and midnight snow











The flat black and white is made using texture paste and iced snow and finally the brighter one is made using glitter! yes glitter however this is the polished silk glitter from Cosmic Shimmer and is amazing.  once polished it can be stamped on and is so mess free I think I may have to indulge in more colours (no Mrs Duck it wont be peel offs next!)

I hope you don't mind me indulging myself by showing my playing efforts I will show finished products when I have used these backgrounds so that is my defense!

Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. Am looking forward to seeing what you create with the backgrounds you have shown us. I'm off to a craft show in Leigh-wonder how many goodies i'll come home with?!

    Michele,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mind at all that you indulged, John, it's rather fun to see what you have been up to, and then if we wait patiently, they will 'turn up' in various cards. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    I'm back after a lovely break in Ostend, weateher was rubbish, just one sunny day but laughed from the minute we arrived to the minute we got back home...did us all the world of good.
    I love what you have done with the masks and look forward to seeing them on your wonderful cards.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John and it is nice to see what you are playing with and it will be interesting to see what you do with them. All the backgrounds look rather sparkly ready for Christmas, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John
    Great backgrounds, looking forward to seeing the end product.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    Will let you off this time as long as next weeks SSS isn't just a white card base hahaha!
    As for peel offs, perish the thought unless Sue Wilson brings out a line. Bet you'd use em then lol!!!
    Thank you for your comment. Thank you for being a friend! (Its getting very Golden Girls lol!)
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good, love the black and white one, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    It's great to see your Techniques, I know the one with Gilding Flakes and Iced Snow Sue calls it her high and low technique, which I'm sure your aware of, I Love your Iced Snow and Midnight Snow together, and of course The Stunning array of Fine Glitters from Creative Expression (They have some Tremendous Products) and sometime it's just great to see them in the beginning of making a Card, Thank You So Very Much For Sharing.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, I love the peacock mask and the different techniques. Looking forward to the finished cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It will be great to see the finished articles, they both look great but I love the black and silver one most.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    super technics, and items used on these.
    Can't wait to see your creations with them. I am sure they will have us all saying how stunning they are.
    Have a good weekend.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful techniques John, love them all especially the tiger looking peacock feathered one.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely techniques I have this mask but forget to "play" with any if my few masks Guess what I'm doing later today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John ,wow wow,I love the all,and thanks for showing them to us.
    I have the ice snow,and the sticky sheets,but no masks etc., I have an idea in my head about doing something on canvas ?. And I think I could use the past.
    My list of cards to be made is getting longer.I have not made a card for over a year .
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, lovely backgrounds. Can't wait to see what you do with them! I used a peel off as a mask recently! Got into quite a mess with the glitter, but was pleased with the result! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John. Love the different backgrounds, and look forward to seeing what you do with them Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely backgrounds. They are easy to do and give such spectacular results. Waiting for the finished products.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luv these techniques & can't wait to see the finished articles xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. Purple is my favorite color. The blend of colors used brought an array of richness and complimented all. anxiously waiting to see the other projects.

    ReplyDelete