Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Simple Filigree...

Happy Tuesday,

Firstly I would like to thank you all for the kind words yesterday, both my mum and I had a nice day remembering the positive things and as so many of you said My dad would be so proud of what I have achieved.  There are a couple of things that I cant wait to share with you all but as they say patience is a virtue so I will have to wait until the time is right.

back to today, I have made two versions of this card and this one is the simpler one of the two, the other is on hols and will be posted when I am allowed!  I started by making the filigree base by using the new Sue Wilson Austrian collection background into the top fold filigree base.  Next I added pieces of First Edition Isabella paper on the reverse.  As this paper is a double sided pattern it worked perfectly as it also makes a nice inside as well.

The sentiment panel is simply made by layering a die cut, using the centre oval in the set, in the same paper with foam tape n top. The sentiment its self from Crafters Companion, was stamped onto a plain die cut form the Sue Wilson Borders and Tags set and I inked through the die with Vintage Photo DI to give some definition.

The final addition of some pearls (of course) completes a simple filigree card and by changing the background paper you could ake this in any colour, and for any occasion, you like.


Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Background Die
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Borders and Tags die set
First Edition Isabella paper pack
Ranger Vintage Photo DI
Crafters Companion Sentiment
Pearls from Stash.


Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Great card today, love the detail on it. Glad yesterday went ok.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card John. Love the detailed pearls.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Glad you're ok. I still think spiders web when I see this but it looks great teamed with the Isabelle paper.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Glad yesterday went ok I have so so many items on my Need List Does having a birthday in October allow me to have a birthday treat now...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. I'm glad that you and your Mum are ok. I love the card, the background die is beautiful and the paper is too.. a handy one to have for so many occasions. Which of Sue's new Christmas dies are you going to be getting I wonder? Have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you used all your pearl stash yet?'''
    Gorgeous card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Another beautiful card today and I'm pleased yesterday went okay with your Mum by your side.
    So now you have intrigued me by telling us you are not allowed to show the other card yet!!! Hope it's not too long before you can tell us 'cos I get so impatient and yes I'm nosy too! Lol!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, a beautiful card. Pleased yesterday went well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, I'm glad yesterday passed without too much sadness. Todays card is great - really like Sue Wilson Dies - (bank balance doesn't !!) I have just pre-ordered some Christmas dies and stamps that she is bringing out. Might just have to buy this background die too as really feminine. Have a good day. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card ,you do such a great job with her dies .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue's new dies are a real treat, but then I doubt she would make a duff design, it's just not in her. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So effective John, glad yesterday went well, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John ,I am glad yerstday went well for your Mom and you.
    Love everybit of today's card.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another winning combo (when you are allowed)!!! Mmm got me thinking why you can't show your more complicated version!! mmmm!! - hope its cos you have been talent spotted xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful John, like you say any colour could be used for this one. Love the die used.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John
    Ooohhhh. I'm intrigued by your comment too! Can't wait to see your more complex version! I've enjoyed seeing Sue's Christmas dies. She's making dies that are far too tempting - especially when I see how you use them to perfection. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete