Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 29 August 2014

Lavender 2'fer...

Happy Friday,

After the success of the original and scrap made cards of the last two days |I thought I would repeat the experiment however Today's card is the original you will have to tune in for Simple Sunday for the scrap made version!

This is still, however, a simple card.  I started by die cutting the frame using a set of A4 rectangular die I bought at the craft show with Mrs Duck a couple of weeks ago (visitors to her blog will already be familiar with these as she bought a set as well!)  I used three of the nesting rectangles 2 for the frame and one to make a nice embossed line within the frame.  These are offset at the bottom to give a wider border for the sentiment which Is one of the new singles stamps from Creative Expressions.






Next I die cut a background using the Sue Wilson Beveled glass striplet which I cut twice in plain cream card.  I foam mounted the back, then the panel, then the frame to make a simple card.  I added four daisies made using the Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies set to which I added a pearl to the centre.

I did think that the sentiment on this could be anything and would make a nice card idea for loads of occasions.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Beveled Glass Striplet
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies die
Creative Expressions singles sentiment stamp (part of a set with a floral stamp designed by Sue)
Cream & Lavender card.Pearls form stash.

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Well You've Done It Once More Another Awesome Card, I Love The Colours The Cream And Lavender, And I Love How You've Created Your Frame And The Embossing Around The Sides Of Your Frame. I Love The Fabulous Beveled Striplet Die From Sue, And I Love How You've Used The Delicate Daisies (again from Sue) And Scattered Them Around Your Card, A Very Beautiful Card John Thanks For Sharing.
    Hugs From Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous John, love the design and the gorgeous colour. These A4 dies are rather fab.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card-great colour combo. I have the striplet die just need the flower dies which you have convinced me I MUST purchase this weekend!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought that die, it arrived when I was very busy, and I put it in a safe place! Guess what, I haven't seen it since! I am really cross with myself about it, but it will have to turn up sometime, as I know I haven't taken it anywhere. Love the lavender, and the die makes a pretty card. Hmmph, I hope I find mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up John
    Love it matey. Simple clean lines and my favourite colour. . . Its all good!
    Those A4 dies are quite useful aren't they?
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and I just love these colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Love it, a beautiful card, colour, sentiment and dies. They are all beautiful.
    Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John Another cracking card, with great colours and techniques, I am so glad I have found your site

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card John, such pretty colours and I think those daisies need to be purchased as well as the stamp. I'm a bit particular about fonts but the one used here really appeals. Have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, a stunning card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Love, love, love your card, can you tell I love it. Now can you tell me what make are the dies? they look to be very useful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Afternoon John, what a simply beautiful card. Love the lavender and cream combo. Daisies are so pretty. A card that would look good in any colour combination. Looking forward to seeing the "Scraps" on Sunday. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    another really beautiful card today.
    Loving the fab colour choice, and design, as usual.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another Wowser! Love these dies and they're on my Need list Would suit loads of occasions Late today because I went into London to see the poppy tribute at The Tower It was stunning and very moving Well worth a visit if you can

    ReplyDelete
  15. a great card ,love the background die and the daisy die .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Luv this card & the colour combo xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete