Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 4 August 2014

Its a First...

Happy Monday,

Now it's confession time today's card is the first I have made in the UK since my return.  I had scheduled and made ahead like a beaver before leaving Spain to give me the maximum time available.  However I am now happy to say that the Garage has been converted into a joint Craft studio and office for Mr ND and myself.  There is still work to be done as we want to add some useful panels to the walls and more storage however it is all ready to go.

Today's card is genuinely the first made in the space and is one I was imagining as we crossed France as I knew I would have the Sue Wilson Beveled Glass striplet waiting for me as well as the bow dies and I just saw in my head a version of this card.

AS I am writing this at 6am today (something that I rarely do) there is little in the way of instructions however it is simple.  I cut the striplet die four times from a square cut form Hammered PMD white cardstock butting the next cut up to the edge of the first on each turn.  This makes a perfect square in the centre which I cut out, you all know my love of recessed apertures, using a sizzix square die that fit the bill.

I lightly inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink (its nice to have everything in its places I can add the correct products!  This gave some definition before I foam mounted the piece onto soft gold card (a gift from the wonderful Mrs Duck whom I met for lunch a few days ago and had a bag of craft goodness for me, we spent too long just chatting and annoying the waitress as she had to ask 5 times if we were ready to order)


I then made up one of the beautiful paper bows from Sue Wilson in the same shades using the Lattice bow and the straight bow.  This was floated over the aperture before I added a layer of gold and white to the inside back of the card onto which I had stamped my sentiment.

Today's card Is dedicated to Mr ND who whilst driving me mad at times has made me moving back into the U.K. house as easy as he is capable of.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Bevelled Glass Striplet
Sue Wilson lattice 3D bow die
Sue Wilson Classic 3D bow die
Vintage Photo Distress ink
Pearls form Spain stash
Waltzing Mouse Sentiment Stamp
White hammered PMD Card & Soft Gold gift card!

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card and a lovely dedication.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card John, that's a lovely die too. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful John. Glad everything is going well for you back in Blighty.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Great card. did not think I would like this striplet as much as the first ones, but I, rapidly changing my mind. Sounds like you are getting everything sorted.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh more pennies please When Sue showcased her 2nd lot of dies this is the one I fell in love with immediately Love the way you've used them And the bow (which I have!) is lovely "suspended" in the aperture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Fabulous card I love how you use Sue's dies and this striplet one is a great idea. I think it would make a great man card. Glad you're more settled into your craft space and Mr ND has his half too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finally getting your crafting space up and running John, and a great card to start off with. I have the die, but sadly it hasn't come out of the packet yet, as I've been frantically sewing a Grad. Ball dress for my DGD - it's done now, so I should be able to get back to some crafting for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John., a stunning card. Great for a male card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    I did swing by at about 6.30am before taking Mr D to work and going shopping and sign of you so thank goodness you're sorted!
    Love how you have used the BGS. . . . . genius! That soft gold looks fab with this. You can re-stock next Sunday.
    Yes, we did keep the poor waitress on hold so its lucky she was a card maker lol!
    Will pop over and have a nosey at JND Studios soon.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That should have been no sign of you at 6.30am, doh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As it's confession time John I will just say that I will hopefully get this die out of the packet sometime soon!!! Great card. lovely idea, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card John and great use of a fabulous die.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,congrats on your first card in your new Craft room,I dream of one.
    The card is Inspirational .
    Hugs
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic card ,the move has not affected your card making [still as good as ever ].Here is wishing you all the best in the UK and that the creative streak never leaves you .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab use of the Striplet die - luv it and the floating bow is genius xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI John,
    so glad you have settled in nicely.
    At least the weather is nearly as nice as Spain at the mo.
    Superb card yet again,.
    I do love everything that you create with your fab dies.
    The colour carding is just perfect too.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete