Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 8 August 2014

Its all new!...

Happy Friday,

Well I thought it was time I shared some of the new projects I have been making with my lovely new Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions dies!  I haven't made a major purchase in ages (Honest!!)  so I went for quite a few as I love them all but 24 die sets in one order is too much (maybe if I spread them over a while, no John be sensible one or two a month now!) lol

Today's card is the first I made using the first die out of the packaging which is the Austrian Collection Innsbruck die.  Everyone knows my love of ovals and this fit the bill perfectly.

I made the first piece in white using all the filigree sections of the die, set omitting the cutting edges, in white card stock which I then embossed using a Crafters Companion Rose plaid embossing folder.  I then mounted this on a sheet of colour core card stock embossed with the same folder and sanded.  It is a little difficult to see this in the picture but it adds a lovely texture to the finished card.

I looked at this finished top piece and I felt it was just a little plain so I took out the border die from the Austrian collection and cut 4 of these in the same card stock and sanded them to texture the pattern.  I mounted these over a square frame I hand cut at 21 x 21cm.  I then foam mounted this over the centrepiece and it just seemed to frame the piece perfectly, if a little pinky!

The sentiment tag, stamped in chalk ink and embossed with Creative Expressions detail clear embossing powder, is cut from the oval in same set and foam mounted onto the tag cut from the core card.

A complex design and, perhaps, a little bright, but effective.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Innsbruck Die
Sue Wilson Austrian Borders Die set
Crafters Companion Rose Trellis Embossing folder
Sentiment Stamp form Stash
Coral Core'Dinations card stock
White 300gsm Foundation Card
Pearls from Spain

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card for us to see. If you put a different sentiment in the centre it could be a christmas card (&add some bling!). Can't wait to see what else uou have been creating with your new dies.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card John. Beautiful new dies. I can see you having all 24 by the end of the month LOL
    Not one to criticise but I do find the pink a bit glary, if that's a word.
    Have a good weekend.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I'm not surprised that you love Sue Wilson dies, these are lovely and you've made such a lovely card too. Have a good weekend. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and the new Austrian collection is my favourite from this release I just wish I could afford to buy them My shoe box card making goodies now fills our third bedroom! I don't sell cards on a regular basis so have to rein myself in! They're on my Need List though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Wow! A great start to start with your first collection since you've been back in the UK. I love it and the Austrian set is so pretty and I love how you have used the border die to frame the whole card...just gorgeous!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    My first thought was "Christmas" when I saw this.
    You will be extending into next doors garage if you keep adding to your collection at this rate of knotts lol.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Wow! this is stunning, and like Ang I thought Christmas. Lucky you to have a big spend on dies, I can only buy perhaps one a month.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Lovely card, and like Ang, Michele and Lydia I also think it would make a great Christmas card with a bit of added sparkle, and change of sentiment of course : ) I love Sue's Austrian Collection, but still can't say that I have a favourite in her second die collection as I love them all (the Bevelled Glass Striplet is no. 1 on my wish list though!) Keep them coming John please. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice design John though a bit too pink for my taste! have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card John, but then with what you had to work with, you could hardly fail, could you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly Awesome, I Just Love Sue Wilson Dies and The Creative Expression Products, your work is Excellent.
    Hugs
    From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fab creation xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,this card is divine,I am not getting any more craft things,until I have made a card,It is nearly a year.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    another of your very beautiful creations today.
    I love your super design of this, as usual.
    Now that border die was going to be my next purchase, and I can't wait to own it now.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    Another fab card! I can't make up my mind over whether I like the Austrian or the French borders and background most! They are both so elegant. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  16. fab dies was away on hols when they were brought out must have a good look ,like this card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete