Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Feeling Blue..Bright Blue!

Happy Wednesday,





Don't be fooled by the title I am not feeling blue, whilst it is my favourite colour, I am feeling the bright blue of this card.  I love this pearl bright blue card that I bought at the craft show and I wanted something classic to show of the beautiful sheen and colour.  I couldn't turn anywhere else for the classic elegance than the Austrian Collection dies by Sue Wilson.  This Die set has got to be my favorite of the whole new release (I have seen the Christmas ones now that everyone is mentioning and am already plotting how and when I can buy my favorites, which is hard as I can't find one I don't like!)

I started by stamping the Iris stamp, a creative expressions single stamp by Sue Wilson, on the blue card in Detail white embossing powder.  Next I die cut an aperture in white hammered PMD cardstock onto which I had added a die cut, again in the blue, of the Austrian collection background die.  I added a simple white frame cut with 2 old Spellbinders oval dies and foam mounted this over the aperture.  I added a further piece of the blue onto which I added the largest oval die cut from the Austrian set, again foam mounted.

Once this piece was finished I simply added a few pearls and mounted the whole thing on white card.  Finally I added the finished front piece to a hand cut card blank in white onto which I added a pierced mat (really thought I should as all the products were designed by Sue, and finished.

Hopefully a nice classic card with a twist of filigree...

Ingredients:
Pearl Blue Card
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Die
Spellbinders Classic ovals Sml
Sue Wilson Austrian Background Die
Creative Expressions Iris stamp
Details White embossing powder


Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Hi John
    This is a gorgeous card. The blue and white work so well together. I don't have an oval in my collection of dies and I think that is now long overdue! I can't make my mind up between the Austrian and French sets at the moment! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, the colours work really well together.

    I too keep seeing card using Sue's christmas dies & so far I want them all!!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Lovely card. I really like this Austrian collection. Sue's new Christmas dies look lovely but I'm hoping I might win one on her blog before i start buying any!!!
    Bye for now.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful shade of blue John, and a stunning card too. Sue Wilson dies are the best. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Love you card, very elegant. I too love Sue's dies just wish I could afford them all.
    Lydia.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh up John
    The peacock blue pearl card is fab isn't it? I had it out the other day (steady!!!) Love how you have used it here, especially with the white embossing (I hope you gutted the large sheet or that's got to be half the pack used lol!)
    If I'm not lucky enough to win some of Sue's Christmas dies, I shall be making a purchase on Friday.
    Chat later.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Gorgeous card, i love the blue pearl card and with the white is makes the die cuts really pop. I wonder if Sue realises how many headaches she causes for those of us that can't afford to just go out and buy all of her dies in one go? It is so hard to chose which to buy first isn't it! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, a treat, I wasn't aware that Sue had made this stamp. I've been ooogling her new Christmas dies, and I want them all! I think both stamp and dies will just have to go in my bucket list. Love the card John.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Such a gorgeous...love that blue and not too much white which sets the blue off just right. I love SW's dies so much I think they are one of the best collections out there and her Festive set is stunning. You always put them to great use Johm.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,

    Stunning card, the Blue card really looks great with White embossing. looks very elegant, love it.

    Sue Wilson's Christmas dies are fab, love them all so hard to choose just one lol!
    If you go onto her blog http://particraft.blogspot.co.uk/ and add a comment you have a chance to win one.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. another great card ,love her dies too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John fantastic card,the Blue is beautiful ,and using a soft white,sets it off so well.
    You are a great Ambassador for S.W.'S ,Dies and stamps.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovely card and luv the colour combo xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    no I wouldn't say you were feeling blue after making this superb blue card.
    Love the really rich blue, and as I have said it's a superb design.
    My Sue Wilson has a lot to answer for as we all want her dies, and stamps, and you make it even worse with your super creations made with them.

    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete