Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 2 August 2014

Christmas Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

Well it is supposed to be something different Saturday and what can be more different on a hot August day than a traditional Christmas Card?!? I thought you might like to see something a little traditional in rich Burgundy and Gold (yes it does look like I am trying to turn around the fortunes of Mirror card single handed) mirror card.


The card base is simply a matter of layering strips of the different cards along with a strip of the patterned tulle ribbon (another Chino Shop purchase but I'm sure you can find  something similar nearer to Christmas in most shops)  The interesting part of this card is the wreath.  I noticed that the centre die from the Sue Wilson Tuscany set made a beautiful wreath that would be suitable for any season (see the pink card I made from this a couple of weeks ago) however it makes a wonderful Christmas wreath.



This is made by die cutting the circle in the burgundy then in gold.  I embossed the gold die cut which left all the die cut pieces in the die. I then placed the Burgundy die cut back into the die and added a hand cut circle on which I had stuck a sheet of double sided adhesive.  I embossed this piece through the GC which merged the gold into the burgundy and the adhesive made it nice and easy to remove.


This is then mounted with a large bow and decorated, again could be made in any colour.





Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Tuscany Die
Patterned Tulle Ribbon
Gold Mirror Card
PMD Maroon Cardstock
Creative Expressions Mica Gold
Wendys' Hat Pins

I have had to lighten the pictures to make this card visible however I promise that in real life it is rich and not at all dark and brooding!

Enjoy...



14 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card John. Like the way you've done strips of card and the tulle ribbon looks really pretty. Great use of the non-Christmas die as well.
    Have a good weekend.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great christmas card, I also like the way you have a non christmas die ias the main part of your card. Must look at my (mamy, many) dies to see if I can change their use!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Great card, I love the ribbon, it is gorgeous. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Wonderful Christmas card and I love how you find different uses of the dies...would never have noticed this had you not pointed it out. Many thanks for the inspiration.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Love it all except the big bow, I have said many times big bows are not just not me.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I keep reading the instructions on how you've achieved this and can't picture it (me and sticky sheets don't get on very well) Is there a tutorial where you've done this? Funny how mirror card seems to have gone out of fashion a little Every card seemed to have mirror card somewhere In fact I don't think I've used it at all this year but will be rooting it out for Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely John, I recognize that ribbon too.
    Hat pins on offer on my blog if you direct people there, thanks.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Considering how difficult it is to take pics of mirror card, I think you did a great job. Love that wreath die, it's on my bucket list (which is fast becoming a skip sized list).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    You're preaching to the converted with the gold. I love it, got a big ol' box of it lol! Festive opulence today, fab! Maybe a tad smaller bow to show off more of the wreath?
    Where is the hot August day you mentioned? Weather for Ducks here on the Ducks wedding anniversary!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luv the card and the ribbon reminds me of old flocked wallpaper and luv the effect of the wreath - fab technique xx Happy Ann Mrs D - it is ours today too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    I love your super gold and maroon wreath card.
    Such a very clever design. I too love mirror card or anything that sparkles, maybe I was a magpie in another life.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card John, I bet it looks wonderful in real life (really rich and sumptuous for Christmas). Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John stunning card,the camera is not kind to this type of card,and would love to see it in person,
    Loved yerstday's card as well.
    I am home from hospital wrecked,

    ReplyDelete
  14. super card again and made with another fab Sue Wilson die ,love the traditional colours used in this card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete