Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 11 August 2014

Bright and Breezey...

Happy Monday,


Mrs Duck and I and I (we also met Christine for lunch which was lovely) had a great time at the craft show yesterday It was the first proper one I had attended and I couldn't have been in better hands. I was very careful with my purchases as I received a welcome home gift of quite a few of the Sue Wilson new dies last week (how lucky is that!) so have plenty to play with and don't have the second job to finance the extra buys anymore!

Well I couldn't think of any other title than Bright and Breezey as this card seems just this to be.  I have a love of blues and especially when mixed with a light Ivory colour.  As soon as I received Delicate Daisies die set I could see the solids in Ivory and, although its not a classic flower colour, and this petrol blue colour.  I simple needed the right base card to carry them!

I started, unusually for me, by making the embellishments and working the remainder of the card around them.  Therefore I cut the sentiment tag next and added the sentiment.  It was then just a case of cutting the background die, adding some pearls and mounting with foam on layers of the blue and ivory.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Background
Blue and Ivory card form stash
Sentiment from Crafters Companion

Sorry about the pictures still working on the light tent! lol

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Great card, I especially like the Delicate Daisies. I might just have to purchase those dies, I think i'll need a second job at this rate, to help pay for all the new dies I seem to keep ordering!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John Love todays card, the dies show up so well with the blue/ivory colour combo. Glad that you had a great day yesterday. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the vibrant petrol blue John, it goes so well with the cream. Lovely card. I really like the dies. The background reminds me of a spiders web.
    Glad you enjoyed the show yesterday.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card John, love the blue that you have chosen. Die is great too. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely card and colours More dies I need Credit card at the ready! Out of all of Sue's second release the Austrian is my favourite But I expect when I see your creations with the others I'll have more "favourites"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the daisies, I think I need this one and I think the Austrian one too, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Fantastic card, love the daisies and the background die looks stunning. I just wish I had the money to buy all I need. Pleased you had a good day out with Anf and Christine.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jon,
    Absolutely fabulous card today, love the blue and ivory combinations and the way you have used Sue's dies, Now ther are a couple I haven't got but I'm off to the Leigh Craft Show in a couple of weeks so hopefully they will have them ther. Glad you enjoyed your first craft show I can still remember mine and I was like a kid in a sweetie shop! Lol!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    You didn't do your description of this justice yesterday. Its gorgeous matey. I smiled at Vals comment about the spiders web as what did I say yesterday lol?
    Seeing what you have done here, I don't see spider web anymore, just a delightful background to your fab embellishments.
    I can vouch that you were a good boy and were very restrained and that we had a brilliant day.
    Enjoy your housework today lol!
    Ang x

    PS. . . . . Folks, John forgot to mention, he is renting out the first new light tent he bought for festivals, weddings and bah mitzvahs (it was a bit too big lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,a beautiful card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card John, I might have to get this background die, it looks amazing. Glad you had a good day yesterday, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh John, I envy you going to a lovely card show, I bet you were like a kid in a sweet shop! Sue's background card looks brilliant with the contrast blue behind it. I suppose it will have to go on my bucket list, (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    An absolutely gorgeous card. I was about to buy this die, having seen a sample of it in my local craft store, but then, of course, I was only to discover that the sample had served its purpose and cleared out all stocks with previous customers! It will have to be another day! I consoled myself with one of Sue's bows instead. Lol!
    So glad you enjoyed your day out. So where will your next destination be? The NEC? Best wishes Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  14. i too thought a spiders web when I saw this first but it is so stunning on this card ,great colour and daisys too ,Glad you enjoyed the day out too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards of late John, have finally managed to be able to comment on peoples posts lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card and like you luv this colour combo - think it's called 'artistic licence' so you can have any colour daisies you want!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete