Friday, 22 August 2014

A Little Brighter...

Happy Friday,

Yesterdays card split opinion and I have to agree it was unusual but I love trying something new.  To answer a couple of questions I sprayed the background card not the mask then set the piece with hairspray (if this doesn't make sense you will have to scroll back lol)

Back to today and something a little brighter for Friday to, hopefully, banish any blues form the turn in the weather!






 When I was cutting the Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies in blue for another project I loved how the piece they were cut from came out.  I decided therefore to use this to make a card of its own (waste not want not)  I started then by inking through the piece to make a background panel using broken china DI.  I mounted one piece in blue as the front piece, used the mask I had created as the next layer and used a final inked piece as the background.



 I added a strip of ribbon, a tag from the Sue Wilson French collection borders and tags die and a few of the daisies left form the other card and a different look form leftover pieces. Of course there are a few of my signature pearls!

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies Die set
Sue Wilson French Collection Borders and Tags
Blue & White cardstock
Broken China DI.

Ejnoy....

P.S. Craft room reveal tomorrow for al of you who asked!

15 comments:

  1. Hi John. This is a lovely bright, cheery card. Love the background, the colour and the pretty flower die.
    Looking forward to the reveal.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Great use of the waste, very pretty flowers. Looking forward to the big reveal.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    Oh today's card is absolutely gorgeous and so cheerful on this gloomy start to the day. Love the blue and white and the clever use of the cut out left over.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    Very pretty card but not sure about the ribbon colour. Its the first thing my eye is drawn to. Love how you used the waste as a mask to ink through. Remember, you can also use it to emboss too.
    See you in a bit.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. More my style, love it but love those flowers more!!!!!
    Have fun today meeting Ang, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John and all made from what at first was a random piece of waste. great idea. Looking forward to the reveal. Best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card John and great use of the waste for the background.

    Looking forward to seeing your studio tomorrow. Something tells me I'm going to be very jealous lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. \brilliant use of background card left overs! I've used them as stencils occasionally but never directly in a card. Well done for the idea John, it's so effective.,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    another really beautiful card today.
    Love the colour and the fab design.
    Looking forward to your craft room reveal tomorrow.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, can't wait to see the craft room x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I may be in the minority here but this one is not for me - sorry (bit too busy) looking forward to the craft room reveal xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry John, I have to agree with Gail definitely not for me...still it wouldn't do for us all to agree it's that which gives us a variety...looking forward to seeing your new craft room, with envy I might add...thanks for the shares love from Sue downunder xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John ,I love some of the card,love the way you used the cut outs.
    I think it is the ribbon,??,on my screen it is Liliac ,and did you intend the Ribbon,to go in to part of the Flower?

    All excited about seeing your Craft Room.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it Makes a beautiful background and love the cut out piece too I thought I'd made my mind up re what flower dies I was going to treat myself to and now I've changed my mind completely! Looking fwd to reveal

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card ,love the blue colour and the waste looks great too as part of the background ,Daisies look great too [another new die from Sue you lucky duck ]can't wait to see you new craft room sure it is fab .Laura O

    ReplyDelete