Saturday, 5 July 2014

Something Different Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

I really should stop calling this different as its another box ! lol

This is different though because its circular.  The construction of this one is quite simple I die cut the centre section of the die and mounted it on plain blue cardstock this gave me the sizing for the box.  I then made a simple base for the lid to fit.  I die cut another of the circle dies and clipped out the centre section, shaped it and added it to the top with a few pearls for definition.



The tag is quite interesting, for this I used the centre section from the umbria die set cutting a circle from the middle.  This is stuck down to a sheet of matching blue card which I folded at the edge and ran the whole piece through my GC with a circle die that hangs just over the edge of the fold.  This creates the circle tag!  I stamped the sentiment in the waste piece of White from the centre and adhered it to the back of the tag so that it is visible through the aperture.







Ingredients:
Sue Wuilson Italian collection Umbria Die set
Sue Wilson Italian Collection Calibra die set
Plains white and Blue cardstock
DoCrafts birdsong stamp set (sentiment)

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Hi John. I think this is one of the dies I´ve borrowed from you John. Must use it quickly before I have to give it back then I can have a go at this lovely box and it's matching tag.. It´s so pretty and how great it would look in Christmas colours for all those small gifts.

    Have a wonderful Saturday.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation, the contrasting colours make it stand out well.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous I don't have any of the Italian collection (yet!) but I do have a couple of D-Lite madallions which might work Yet another of your projects on my "To do" list I assume making the sides is a bit like lining a cake tin with grease proof paper...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Super pretty box. Fab shade of blue. Have to say, you lost me a bit with the tag explanation but sometimes I'm not the brightest lightbulb in the pack lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the box John, and of course it's different - as in not a card! That die certainly screams circular box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab box and showing us different ways to use our dies - thanks xx like Mrs D you also lost me a little with the tag explanation but maybe I'm a bit 'dim' - luv it though xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Beautiful bos, love the rich blue card you have used. I too must be a bit dim as I didn't fully understand the instructions. Perhaps a video when you have the time John, that would be great.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Well I'm back after a wonderful 5 day break and fabulous weather we had had too. Oh but I did miss your stunning creations. Today's box is beautiful, love the blue colour and how you have used the die.
    I particularly loved the stunning filigree trifold card which you did in the week and do hope you will be able to do a video of this for us..

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. I have just caught up your last 3 posts and as usual I have loved them all. The green card is great for the"non flowery" girls and leave off the bow for a wonderful mans card. Yesterdays ginger card is another great one. I pop into Lidl as often as I can but have never been lucky enough to find any card in there sadly. I love the ginger, it is a beautiful colour. Todays box is a little stunner. The blue/white combo is gorgeous. The Calabria die is perfect for this. I will be having a go at this one for sure. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, a lovely round box....you could have up-cycled a Dairylee cheese triangle box..(if you have them in Spain) to save you making one, but stunning anyway. Janice x
    P.S I hope that when you move back to the UK you will do a class or ten at Christine Emberson's shop !!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning John, love the design and that colour Blue is gorgeous.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Striking, L love the colours, and me to the list of 'dimwits'

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. that should have read add me to the list.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John
    Another stunning creation using the dies to best effect.
    Best issues, Anne O

    ReplyDelete