Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Silver Anyone?!?...

Happy Wednesday,

A little light relief from yesterdays Dark Christmas Offering silver anyone?  This card is a real mixture of techniques and I have to admit I loved making it.  I may have mentioned before that I started out crafting as a stamper and sometimes I forget the pure pleasure in making and stamping your own background and flourishes!  This card uses lots of stamping as well as my much loved die cutting and the fabulous Sue Wilson dies.

I do like a die that can be used for many different things and when I find a set that will work for Christmas as well as normal cards then its for me!  The baubles on this card use one such die which is the Sue Wilson Calabria die from the Italian collection.  It makes a beautiful stained glass effect which got me thinking wouldn't it make a stunning bauble?!?


I therefore made the baubles first by die cutting in silver mirror and silver glitter card and mounted a circle behind that reflected the top, glitter on mirror and vice versa.  The hangers / tops of the baubles are made by die cutting spellbinders baubles die and sticking the circles on top.

Next I needed a background that would set these off and so I stamped a large background stamp in versamark and embossed it in cosmic shimmer detail clear embossing powder.  Next I inked a platinum pigment ink over the top and then wiped the piece to make the background show through (difficult to explain but there are loads of you tube videos on this technique).

I then made the larger background by using Sue Wilson's triple stamping technique, see her blog for more details, which I stamped in versamark and then dusted with Mica powder. (There is more on the technique of stamping and using mica powders on tomorrows post)

Finally  a few holly leaves cut in the different cards I have used and placed between the layers.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Calabria Die
Spellbinders Bauble Die
Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
Creative Expressions Mica powders
Silver Mirror Card
Platinum pigment Ink.
Background & Stamps DoCrafts 2013 range


Time consuming but so fun to make and elements could be used on loads of different cards.

Enjoy...


15 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful John, I think this is the best C card I've seen so far this year. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely-very classy & elegant christmas card.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Would love this beautiful card on my shelf at Christmas: It would get pride of place. Have to admit I've gone back to my first love of stamping recently. Not that I can compete with the Master but I'm enjoying doing it!!!
    Have a great day. Bet you're on a countdown now. hope you can make the craft club tomorrow.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Just beautiful, very detailed card, love it. This would have to be for somebody special. Make the most of your last days.
    Lydia
    X
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John (Won't be saying "Hola" much longer now)
    I do like today's card but its very busy again for me.The triple stamping looks good. Your eyes do fill in the gaps.
    Last few dips in the pool now before you have to dry off the Speedos.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card John, great use of the dies. love the design.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely, the stamped background gives the card so much dimension and I love the triple stamping along with the embossed resist are two of my favorites. Thank you John.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifulcard John. Love how you have used one of Sue's die for baubles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, and a little different today, thanks for all the explanations too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card and I'm itching to have a go. I'm not a Stamper, so was intrigued to see how you got the lovely results I can achieve the triple stamping idea with my Serif cdroms (is that a swear word?) but obviously I can't get the embossed effect

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. Thank you, that is one of my Christmas cards sorted : ) I love the Calabria die nearly as much as my Embroidered Striplet so I am delighted that you have made it into a Christmas Bauble : ) Enjoy your bitter/sweet time left in Spain, saying Goodbye is never easy but think of all of the Hellos over here : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    Wow! I love this card. A great idea to mix he silver textures. I like the background too. I've never really done too much by way of stamping (keeping it main to sentiments) but I'm feeling I should give it a go!
    I've just discovered dobbers that fit on the end of your finger and I'm having much more success with inking papers.
    Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luv this card and as you say it will have been time consuming - but soooo worth it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, I like the way you have created the baubles, great idea x x x

    ReplyDelete