Tuesday, 15 July 2014

More Traditional Colours...

Happy Tuesday,

Well the car is packed, the ferry is booked and we are all set I just have to collect Mr Next door from the airport on Thursday and off we go!


Today's card continues the Christmas in July session however this is a replacement as I really didn't think the card I had made for today was up to scratch so here is a more traditional Christmas card.

The large piece is cut, as I have so many times, with the Sue Wilson Californian background die I then cut a square from the centre to make a wide frame.  Of course I added a few pearls and mounted the frame on a piece of DoCrafts home for Christmas paper, cutting a large frame around the edge and centre.







The interesting technique on this card is the panel at the back.  This is made by stamping the holly swirl stamp form Sizzix in versamark on silver mirror card and embossing this in white detail embossing powder.  Next I ran the whole piece through my GC using the matching embossing folder this raises an area around the stamping giving a beautiful 3D effect.  I made two of the panels and hand cut pieces form one of them to be used in the spray with the ribbon on the front.







The remainder of the spray at the front is made with a ribbon bow, a snowflake and some silver mirror baubles all cut form spellbinders.


Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Californian Collection Background Die
Sizzix Holly swirl stamp and emboss set
Spellbinders Baubles Die
DoCrafts Home for Christmas Sentiment Stamp, backing paper and ribbon.
Creative Expressions Detail White embossing powder.



Hopefully this traditional style and colour choice will get you in the Christmas Mood!

Enjoy...

14 comments:

  1. Lovely chrostmas card & yes, I am slowly getting in the mood for making christmas cards. It's just about having enough spare time to make any cards at the moment.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Beautiful traditional card today, I bet the one you decided not to show was great too though : ) Enjoy your last couple of days in Spain. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW John, this is beautiful Love the traditional colours. Love this die. I have cut a lot of them from when I borrowed your dies so this is definitely one to try.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Love, love, love your card today, my cup of tea. The background sounds intriguing.
    Enjoy your last few days in Spain. Wendy and Val are going to miss you.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Fabulous festive finery! Right up my Calle! Sorry, I refuse to get in the mood for Christmas when I'm wearing my shorts lol!
    Make sure you and Mr ND get a bit of chill time before you set off for Blighty.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John and I like traditional but like Mrs Duck I am not getting in the C mood for at least another three months!! have a safe journey, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Really must experiment more with th Cali background die! Are u having a leaving do? Don't get too p****d or the Ferry trip won't be pleasant! Love this traditional card for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely John,but I can not get into Christmas mood when the sun is shining lol
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous John, love the colour combo and the center piece is very clever and looks fab. Great design all round, the die cutting is brilliant.

    Thank you for your comment on my stained glass window card.

    Good luck with the move, I am sure it will be a very emotional day for various reasons. Have a safe journey.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card - luv it - not normally a lover of the traditional colours but luv this one xx safe journey and hopefully you will have time for some sightseeing en-route xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card John. Drive safely, we all want to hear that you arrive in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done John, you make the traditional colours look cool again :-)

    ReplyDelete