Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 21 July 2014

Lonely Sunflower...


Happy Monday,

Today's card is the ultimate antidote to the Christmas of last week what could bring us back to the summer than a sunflower!

I know I am saying this a lot lately but this is not a difficult card or creation however it is time consuming as the flower dies from spellbinders, whilst easy to follow and make up do take a while to put together properly.  There are numerous tutorials on you tube on the making of this and the other flowers in the range.

I have to say that they are very effective and whilst quite big a smaller card does show them off well.  I started this card by making the card blank using the largest die in the labels 38 set from spellbinders. I folded a sheet of A4 card in half and placed the die over the fold ensuring that the fold is inside cutting line, ensuring that the fold is not cut.  Once run through your die cutting machine you will get a shaped card out with fold intact.  I then drew round the inside of the same die on a sheet of white card and cut out the shape.  This creates a perfect mat that fits the card blank, using the next die down leaves too large a border.

I then cut a frame using the next 2 sizes of the labels die and embossed these.  This was then foam mounted in the centre.  The sentiment strip is cut using spellbinders curved borders 2 i then cut this into a strip and added a thin layer of yellow to balance the flower.

Finally I added the flower with a selection of leaves that come in the set and a nice sunny card is created.


Ingredients:
Spellbinders create a sunflower die
spellbinders labels 38 die
spellbinders curved borders 2
yellow, brown & white cardstock
Crafters Companion Sentimentals stamp.

A summery card that would be great to send wishes to anyone.

Enjoy...


19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and sunflower John..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. What a fabulous card, so bright and beautiful, sunflowers always make me smile because they are so cheerful : ) I hope your journey is going well, I bet you will be fighting over who gets into the shower first when you finally arrive at your new home tonight : ) Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour John (know you're well out of Spain now)
    Well isn't this just Summer on a card! Fabulous flower and design.
    Here's to a smooth crossing to Blighty.
    Enjoy the last bit of the journey home.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and I love the flower.
    All sorted at the house, hope all good with you two, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. I love sunflowers. The chap next door but one to me has a trough full of them and they always make me smile. Lovely card.
    Hope the journey and the crossing go well.
    Take care.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    A lovely cheerful card, would be great for somebody who under the weather would certainly cheer them up.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Very sunny I love the fact that you've used a bracket die for the sentiment This I have to try coz it's a set I actually have! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sunflower and card design.
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sunflower John, what a pop of colour. Are you there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    I haven't been around for the last 2 or 3 weeks as I've been poorly but am back to my usual routine and feeling much better. Love the cheeriness to today's card the sunflower is gorgeous.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A bright happy sunshiney card !! . Hope the travelling is going well. Welcome back to England. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Lovely, bright, summery card John. I was looking at this die a while back as I love sunflowers but I have to say having a few of the others it has put me off, the rose one is a hard one you have to cut loads of petals out and with embossing as well I think it went through the GC about 26 times for 1 rose!!! That's why I have not bothered with any others lol! However, the sunflower does look beautiful.

    Hope your journey is going okay.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the sunflower in this card ,goes well with the brown .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John

    Beautiful card I love the colours and the sunflowers is stunning.

    I wish you were literally John Next Door how good would that be. (for me of course)


    June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, fresh design John and a great card shape too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,hope your journey is going well,love the card the Sunflower is fab.,and has given me a lift.It looks like I will be in Hospital,for another while.I am resting,and having more tests today.
    It is nice to see new Names here,once you go on Facebook ,you will go viral.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely splash of sunshine. Safe travelling.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely bright sunny card-to cheer you both up on your journey home. Hope all is going ok.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card and luv the sunflower (well worth the time constructing it) hope the trip is going well xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete