Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Keeping it Clean...

Happy Wednesday,

I've titled today's post keeping it clean as this card just seems so clean and sharp to me.  Maybe its the base white or maybe its the use of teal and other simple colours but they all look as well clean, I hope you agree.

A very simple card to make with layers of backing paper from First Edition and a strip of teal card that has been letterpressed in white with a floral embossing folder (not sure which one sorry)  then a set of looped and standard circles.  I even tried to keep the bow on this one small, or maybe its smaller because its a larger card!







Ingredients:
Card size 18 x 18cm
First Edition paper
Spellbinders standard circles die
spellbinders Loop circles die
teal & white cardstock
white seam binding
Creative Expressions Sentiment Stamp

Enjoy...






13 comments:

  1. this is a lovely card ,like the letterpressed panel in white ink,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Lovely card today although the colour isn't showing too well.Really like the sentiment and the smaller bow and of course Wendy's stick pins.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Great card, love the smaller bow and the letter pressed panel. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    I love the simple lines of this. Less is definitely more. Still getting black rather than teal but elegant nonetheless.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clean lines John, yes I like this one, especially the letterpress panel.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    Great card, strong clean lines, love it. I'm not getting teal either.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    A very sharp, elegant card today. Like Ange (Mrs Duck) I'm still getting black instead of teal but I still love it.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the design John, even though I'm not getting the teal again. Got my three Sue Wilson embossing folders yesterday and I discovered they look really good as background if some elements are coloured in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,love the card,I am also getting black ,but I can think teal in my head
    Love the design.My posts are short,the Morphin ,makes me sleepy.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    another really fab card today.
    I'm loving your design today, as I always do.
    Hope your move went well.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card and the letter press strip looks brill xx looking dark brown/black and beige on my screen but still looks great xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful John, the last photo really shows it off. Love the Teal strip, gorgeous.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete