Tuesday, 1 July 2014

It's a Sin!

Happy Tuesday,

Oh well in for a penny in for a pound as they say where I originally come from (South Yorkshire if anyone was wondering!) Since I bought three new die sets I had better get the most out of them! lol

Today's card is made using the Umbria die set, again from the Italian collection however this is made in a rarely used for me green.  I don't know why but this verdigris green just appealed to me when looking for a colour to showcase this die.











I started by letterpressing the Darice A4 embossing folder with sage green chalk ink then cutting the largest die from the set out from the centre to create the aperture.

Next I cut the largest die from the green card, i cut a circle from a sheet of cream card and mounted the green piece over the top.  Then I cut the centre die, which doesn't have an edge so gives a beautiful filigree effect, from green and mounted this over a sheet of cream into which I had cut a smaller circle.



The final circle die was cut and stamped with congratulations circle stamp then mounted behind the final aperture.  It is a little difficult to describe but this is a kind of tunnel card as each successively smaller die cut is mounted behind the larger one.


There are a few pearls and a little distress inking on the edges to give some definition.


Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Umbria die set
Darice Tumbling leaves embossing folder
Cream PMD cardstock
Green Lidl Cardstock.
Sage green distress ink
Circle stamp Crafters Companion Sentimentals

Hopefully you can get the idea from the pictures of how this one is constructed...

Enjoy...


18 comments:

  1. Morning John,

    Gorgeous card, the |Green is a lovely shade, quite unusual. Love your design.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card-lots of interesting detail on it. Green isn't a colour I usually like but this shade looks lovely.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Just caught up on the weekends creations - all beautiful especially Sundays box.
    Todays card is really lovely. Do so like the green and I love the dies you've used.
    See you tomorrow. Such a shame that Ollies is closing down.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Great card, love the way you have layered the dies, do like the colour green you have used, not a go to colour for me.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dies and layers , the green isn't too much over the top with the cream .
    Elaine H .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    Sorry for deleted comment. I caught delete by mistake then pressed wrong thing on my small screen. Should have gone to Specsavers!
    Beautiful. I love cards with diminishing layers.Not adverse to this shade of green but Im more of a lime gal (probably from my tequila days lol!)
    Did think you were staging a Pet Shop Boys tribute when I saw your title!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card design John, but I don't think I'd like that green either. It's a bit sombre for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card John, I think the green makes it look more masculine, even though its quite a fancy die. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. good morning John, back from my hol and catching up on what you have been doing lately. Some lovely projects to go back and read properly when I have a moment. So much to do when you come back it's ridiculous. Anyway I like the shade of green you have chosen and the way the dies have fitted together really shows them off well. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv the card not sure about the green tho' - John are you moving back to SY? xxGailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, a great card. Really like you have layered up the card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card John, more and more I covet these dies. Maybe I will have to sin too. Green is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't usually like green (my school uniform colour - nuff said!) but I'm warming to this shade Treated myself to the cream PMD card and I have a stash of Lidl I hope you'll still be using these on your return to UK

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    this is another superb creation. Love those dies, and the super way you have used them. Great designing as always.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. another fab card ,again Sue would be really happy with what you have created ,and the green is lovely too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card John, keep on sinning!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete