Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 18 July 2014

Honest Really Traditional...

Happy Friday,

I have gone all out today to create something homely and traditional and yet I have used all the techniques I have showed so far this week.  Now this is the colour theme that I always seem to return to for my Christmas cards year after year.  Red and white are just so classic!

The background is made by using the versamark and mica technique from yesterday.  I then die cut the bauble from the centre of the background which makes the creation quite quick!





The red background square is stamped in the same manner this time using a platinum mica with a holly stamp.

The card is simply finished with gingham ribbon, and a hand cut flag tag with the sentiment.






Ingredients:
Spellbinders Bauble die 2013
DoCrafts Christmas background stamp
Versamark ink
Mica powders in red and platinum
Red gingham and White stitch ribbon.
Silver mirror card.


I hope a few of you try this technique!

Enjoy...













13 comments:

  1. Love this card-perfect christmas colours.

    Safe journey.

    Miichele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful John, love the stamped background with the holly leaf.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Christmassy John.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv if and luv if for its simplicity too - fab xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    A stylish, classy card. love the red.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Very classic Christmas. Love it! I have that background stamp so will have to make good use of it this year.
    The countdown is on now eh? I hope your car's suspension is going to cope with all of your gear lol! Don't forget your castanets, olé!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John

    I have only just recently found your blog and it is inspirational. I love all your ideas and can't wait for your next creation each day.
    Hope the move goes OK.

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the card John, though I still haven't really 'got' into Christmas. Are you all ready for the off now? Take care with the journey, we all want to hear that you have arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Card John, I can not click into Christmas ,as it is so hot here.
    I am back in Hospital.
    Safe journey to both of you.
    Hugs,
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Beautiful card, red/white combo is my favourite for Christmas cards an this one is no exception : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete