Tuesday, 22 July 2014

HOME for a Purple Flower...

Happy Tuesday,

Well firstly I would like to thank each and everyone one of you for your wonderfully warm messages of safe journey!  We are now HOME and I've got to admit that whilst it was trying, the journey was worth it if only to be reunited with all my craft goodies which have been here for nearly 2 weeks!  When I have more time I will hopefully add a few pictures we took along the way however suffice to say that the journey was mostly smooth apart from 2 hours of golf ball sized hail stones along with torrential rain through the Pyrenees on the Spanish french border. I think my little blue car is still shaking and checking his scratches as I write this!  The remainder of today's pots is a scheduled one readied to go today as are the remainder of this week to give me a little breathing space.  There may be something new on Saturday as the gorgeous new striplet from Sue Wilson i bought last week was waiting for me on the door mat along with a few other purchases i had made along the way!  Once again thank you from the bottom of both our hearts for the warm wishes which I am sure helped make the journy, relatively, smooth!


Still on a summery kick with another flower, now I know I am not, classically, a flowery type of crafter but the simple effectiveness of these spellbinders create a flower dies really appealed to me.  The Iris die is one of the easier to die cut at least as it uses a lot less petals than yesterdays sunflower.

 I started by distress inking the mask onto a sheet of super smooth white PMD cardstock, once I had inked the design I also inked around the edge to give a crisp clean border.  I then die cut a small oval from the centre then arranged some of the elegant ovals, cut as frames, with foam tape over the aperture.  I then stamped the sentiment into the cut oval and foam mounted it behind the base card to give a depth to enable the flower to sit properly as this die makes a large stem.








I made up the Iris using Twinkling H2O's to paint the yellow onto the leaves, these show against dark cards so are perfect for giving a highlight on the purple.  The ivy and leaves are cut form a sheet of shimmer card form DoCrafts from my stash and simply arranged around the edge of the ovals to balance the flower.




Ingredients:
Spellbinders Create an Iris
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals
Spellbinders Classic ovals small
Joanna sheen Ivy Flourish
Creative Expressions sentiment stamp
Mask (packed so don't know which one!)
Twinkling H2O's (Creative Expressions I think)

A card that would take any flower and any colour,

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Hi John
    So pleased to hear you've arrived home safely. Now for the unpacking...
    This is such a stunning card. It's in my favourite colour too! The Iris is so lifelike and, like the sunflower, are what I'd describe as 'statement' flowers, rather than 'embellishment' flowers. Beautiful!
    My new striplet die has arrived too. It didn't disappoint!
    Best wishes,
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card-the iris is very realistic. So glad to hear you both made it home safely, hope you are going to have a few days rest.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Glad the journey went smoothly and you and your craft stash and reunited again.
    Love todays card. I bought a couple of these flower dies a while ago but must admit have only used them once. A bit fiddly for me but the effect is stunning.
    Strange to think you're not in the shop down the road!
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are safely back in the UK John, though that hailstorm sounds terrible. Love the masked background to today's card. I think the flower dies are a bit fiddly too, even though they end up looking very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up me duck!
    Doesn't have quite the same ring as "hola" lol!
    John, this card is super stunningly amazing! Love the colour, flower, design. . . . . everything! I may have to see this in the flesh as its so fab.
    The hail sounds a bit scary but at least you're home safe and sampling the gourmet delights of the Midlands again lol!
    Catch ya later.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad your journey went well ,this is a stunning card ,love the colour and the flower is great too so realistic ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    So pleased you both arrived back in the UK safe and sound and the journey wasn't to bad and hope your little car isn't too badly scratched after the golf ball sized hailstones.
    Today's card is so dramatic in the shades of plum and white and yet elegant at the same time. Love your Iris flower it's so beautiful and life like.
    Hope you both settle down back into your UK life very soon.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Welcome back to the UK, the hailstone storm sounds horrendous. Bet you need a couple of days to rest now to recover from the journey.
    Love your card today its gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John Pleased you both got back safely. Today's card is gorgeous. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, glad to hear you made it safely home. Lovely to arrive to new dies...I bet you don't unpack everything before you start playing with them !!. Love the card and the way that you have painted the Iris- very lifelike. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, welcome back to the UK.
    Now comes the hard part, organising a new home.
    Craft room first
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all - welcome 'HOME' and glad you had a good/safe journey - it must be like home from home with the weather here for you - long may it continue. Secondly absolutely luv this card and the iris is so life-like - fab xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Good to hear that you and Mr Next Door arrived safely Um... Don't do this to me - you've got new dies to play with! Since joining your blog my Need List constantly changes to what you use x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from a new follower. I can see me spending a lot of time here and I love, love, love what I've seen so far! :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,

    Glad you got home safe and well, such a journey by the sounds of it.

    Your card is stunning and I hope to see lots more now you are reunited with all your craft stuff lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, glad you're home safe and sound, another beautiful card I love the Iris all co-ordinated so well, thank you for sharing x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John. Welcome home, glad that you both got here safe and sound. The hale storm was terrific wasn't it, we had it here in Oxfordshire too, the stones were about 12-15mm across, the biggest I have ever seen! You certainly wouldn't have wanted to be outside in it would you!
    Todays card is beautiful, I love the iris, it is so lifelike : ) Have fun unpacking. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    Good to hear you are back in good old blighty and the journey wasn't too bad.
    I love these spellbinder dies too have only got a couple but use them al lthe time.
    Beautiful card as always.

    June x

    ReplyDelete