Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 25 July 2014

Getting Busier...

Happy Friday,

Today's card is made using the same background as yesterday which Val kindly informed us was Spellbinders Cris Cross die.  I also felt really bad as I didn't mention that the card was made as a thank you card for Val and it was in her possession, sorry Val!

I started by cutting the background die using a piece of mid blue card from my stash.  I then made a frame using spellbinders labels 35 in white by using the largest and next size down.  Next I cut a mat in White using the largest die in the set and foam mounted the background over this and added a few pearls.  The frame is then foam mounted over the top of this to give a lovely set of layers and dimension.






I repeated the technique, however this time I didn't add the foam and placed a pearl in the centre.  This was rotated and foam mounted onto the from adding a bow made of seam binding.  The whole piece was mounted onto a hand cut card blank at 12cm x 12cm with layers of white and blue added by making each square half a centimetre smaller each time.




Finally I added the sentiment which is just stamped onto a die cut tag from DoCrafts and a few of Wendy's beautiful hat pins ( don't worry the wonderful Wendy has supplied me with a hundred or so of her handmade pins so these will continue for a while at least!)

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Criss Cross background die
Spellbinders labels 35
White and Blue card from Stash
DoCrafts tag die
Creative Expressions Sentiment Stamp



I have finally got round to starting the unpacking of the craft stuff and am hopefully having 2 desks delivered tomorrow (I use a LOT of space) so there may be some UK made creations next week!

I love the clean crisp look of this card and would suit any occasion or person!

Enjoy...

13 comments:

  1. John ,I love this card too ,it is so striking .[the cris cross spellbinder die is lovely too and goes great with gems ]great card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you off John, I know you had a lot on your mind!!!
    Lovely card and to think I could do that with my die? Must have a go.
    Enjoy your lunch today.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Sorry, but this is not for me, I think it's the way you have offset the front section, good job we all like different things.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    Tis a lovely card, great for a batch run but IMHO the bow is a tad big for me. I know size isn't important (steady!) but would've preferred a slightly smaller one otherwise,
    super!
    See ya later.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Great card for any occasion and would be an ideal man card. Must have a look at getting this die and I love the mid-blue and white.
    Hope you're keeping cool in this heat even though I know you have been used to it in Spain.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Great card, I love the different look you get just by turning a die around a little. Beautiful shade of blue and I must admit I agree with Mrs Duck about the bow, but it's good we all like different things isn't it : ) I hope the unpacking of your craft stuff goes well. How lucky you are to have room for two desks : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, but after your comment at the end today, I think you should be 'two desk John' not 'John next door', from now on! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, it is very clean and fresh. great card for a Man.

    It must be frustrating but oh so exciting setting up a new craft room, two desks...Wow!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the effect with the labels but like Lydia I would have left the middle piece off off have it mirror the bigger label...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, I think you're showing off now.......not only having 2 desks but having the room to put them in LOL !! You must take a photo of your craft room when it is all set up just to show us poor unfortunate crafters what a big room looks like !! I love the card by the way !! Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card and luv how you how used the dies and livin the hat pins too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,I love today's card,and I love the bow.It must be so exiting,getting your things set up,and 2 desks,well done ,go for it,hold your head up high,and follow your dream.
    Ita.
    P.s I am still in Hospital ,looks like I will be here for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work John, I just love what you do and look forward to your next post :-)

    ReplyDelete