Sunday, 6 July 2014

Even Simpler...

Happy Sunday,

Well the feedback to last weeks premier of simple Sunday was great so guess it's here to stay, at least till I run out of ideas I guess! lol

Today's card is even simpler than last week, uses one die, one sentiment stamp and one colour of ink how simple can you get?  I started by hand making a 12cm x 12cm card blank from PMD Ivory hammered cardstock (something I am running really low on but I wont order any more 'till I get back to the U.K.






Next I cut the centre die from the Spellbinders Mystical embrace die and inked the piece that it cuts.  Next I stamped the sentiment on the die cut piece and placed it on the back of the card through the aperture.  Finally I die cut the next shape in the set which is the elegant oval style and foam mounted this over the aperture after adding a simple strip of ribbon

A very simple card that could have the sentiment changed for any occasion or be made into quick batch cards.

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Mystical Embrace die
Ivory Hammered PMD cardstock
Crafters Companion Sentimentals stamp
Sage Distress Ink.




Updates:
The Trifold card and yesterdays tag are made in the same manner I promise once I have my new craft space up and running this will be the first video I shoot.
Janice, I would love to give a class or 10 as you put it on my return to the UK at Christine's shop if she would have me! lol
Stash- My craft stash is now winging it's way home it was collected on Tuesday and will leave will a load of others peoples stuff Tomorrow!  Karen - I have ordered a large stock of PMD cardstock to be awaiting me in the U.K. so will keep on using it!  Gail - I'm not moving back to South Yorkshire however Will be up there as I have relatives in and around Sheffield.
Finally Lesley Thomas sent me pictures of a card she made based on one of mine click HERE to view or select the followers gallery tab at the top.  Remember if you want to share a card with me and my wonderful blog friends just email it me on lockers@live.co.uk.  I have a plethora of shots of cards made by Nancy to share with you all next week, she has sent me so many I may need to create a blog for her of her own!

Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. Hi John. I love this. The hammered card looks really good. It's a great idea for all occasions as you said.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Simple but lovely. Just musing as to where the other ends of the ribbon are attached.
    Hope you're enjoying your days in the Sun. Bring your wellies with you.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Love the simple elegance of this card, it's gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card for Simple Sunday! The weather here in Southport couldn't be nicer-warm & sunny with a sea breeze of course. I love the idea of you doing classes-would you consider doing them??

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looked at Lesley's card and Wow! Lesley,fabulous chuck. Love it in red.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, I feel really honoured that you should post pics of my card on your blog.. Thank you, Mrs. Duck, for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card John I'm going to try it adapting the Filigree Delight die! Lesley your card is divine So where's Christine's shop! I need to know! Is she of Pinflair fame? Ooh err Makes me sound like a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card John, simple but elegant and suitable for so many occasions. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Your card may be simple but it's so elegant too and lesley you have done John proud with your version of his card it's beautiful.
    How far from North Wales will you be John would love to come to one of your classes.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Very beautiful simple card John, Lesley has done you proud with her beautiful Christmas Card , i will try again at a later date to send a card for your Gallery perhaps 3rd time will be lucky LOL.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card and as soon as I saw it I could see myself making it with a Sizzix die I have that cuts the middle out but it is rectangular - grape at for a last minute card too xx thanks as always for you brilliant ideas xx shame you are not coming back to SY could have tried to line you up for some class demos!! never mind maybe when you are visiting!!!!!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! John, love this die, have not even heard or seen it anywhere, I must have been locked up in a cupboard somewhere lately lol! It really is beautiful and has been put on my list lol!

    Love the card you have used and the colour is so delicate.

    Have looked at Lesley card, she has done a really good take on yours and what a fab Christmas card for someone to receive.

    Guess your moving date must be close seeing as your craft stuff is going over lol! Hope it all goes smoothly for you, what part of UK are you moving too?

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply beautiful John. Janice x

    P.S yes Christine will have you !!! x

    ReplyDelete