Monday, 7 July 2014

A Pink Mask...

Happy Monday,

It seems ages since I started messing  about with masks and this card came from one of the techniques I tried using one.  This whole card is based on the centre panel which Is embossed with a coral coloured translucent embossing powder from Creative Expressions that was part of a set I bought a couple of years ago and as usual put away and didn't use!

I inked through the mask with a pink pigment ink then heat embossed the piece using the coral powder.  The remainder of the card is made to showcase the inked and embossed panel.

I cut a double section of the French Harmony background die form spellbinders in a white smooth card and inked through and round the die in the same ink as the panel.  I mounted this onto a sheet of deep coral card and added it to a large 18 x 18cm card blank.


The centre piece is made by mounting the panel on a sheet of the same coral card as the background mat and foam mounted this over a piece of coral core'dinations cardstock, more coral and foam mounted this onto the finished background card.












The sentiment is mounted over a banner made from a scrap of the embossed mask piece and stamped onto a white die cut from Spellbinders Tranquil Moments.  Finally, I hear you all cry, is an oval cut from the core'dinations using an oval from spellbinders elegant ovals and made into a frame using spellbinders classic ovals small.




Ingredients:
Mask (can't tell you which one as it's packed however it is mentioned a couple of weeks ago)
Spellbinders French Harmony Background Die
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals
Spellbinders Tranquil Moments
Spellbinders Classic Ovals small
Creative Expressions Pearlised embossing powder coral
Core'dinations cardstock.

A complex card however worth the effort I feel!

Enjoy...




16 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great card and I love the centre panel : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Not mad for the coral as its bordering on peach for me (remember your bridesmaid dresses lol!) but the design is fabulous. The mask pattern is gorgeous. Love it!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well worth the effort John. It's a real beauty. Love the colour (what's wrong with peach) and the embossing is beautiful.
    Have a great day and hope to see you later.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Ang,
    Lovely card, lovely colour and lovely construction, love it, and there's nothing wrong with peach.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner-love all the detail on the card although it doesn't look pink on my screen.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure about the colour but a very effective design John. Am I right that the pearl in the bottom right should be in the top centre of the design? Must have slipped when you photographed it - or is it deliberate??!! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Love today's card it has come across as a dusky peach colour on my PC. The centre piece is lovely and it's great the way you have used the die with the sentiment and made sure most of the mask is showing through.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card John, I have quite a nice collection of masks, now that I have an airbrush, so I reckon I could make something similar. It's kind of peachy on my screen, but nothing at all wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning John, this would look fantastic in any colour combo but I would love it in Teal or Turquoise lol! Love the design.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card John. Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card John, I don't think I ever done a card in coral, but I don't know why not as the colour is beautiful and very elegant. Janice x
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card - now I am going to show my age here but the masked piece you based your card around reminds me of old flock wallpaper!! But how satisfying when you make a finished card from pieces that you have made from experimenting xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    This is a lovely card. The tones are beautiful - but then I am a pinks person! At the weekend I was at a workshop where I made flowers in orange! I was really pleased with them, so going out of your comfort colour zone is a must every now and again!
    Best wishes
    Anne

    ReplyDelete