Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 28 July 2014

A Little more Sue

Happy Monday,

I have now managed to get a rudimentary Craft space ready so there should be some new creations this week, I have handed one of my two desks over to Mr ND so that it can be used for the PC's printers etc however I have managed to add a large table for the die cutting activities!

Hopefully some pictures and more description when it is complete (awaiting some more info before ordering some accessories which should make crafting even more of a pleasure?!?)






Back to today, I have said a few times on here that I love a die that can be used in many different ways and the Sue Wilson Spanish collection dies just seem to meet this so here we are again with another classic Sue die card!

I cut the Spanish background twice in white PMD card stock and inked through the die using navy permanent ink.  Next I cut the centre section out form the die cut shape using my scalpel to create 2 frames.  These I layered between each other to make the 2 rectangular shapes into a square.






This was then mounted onto onto navy card and the centre square was cut out and I cut around the shape.  This was then foam mounted onto a card blank in white 18cm x 18cm onto which I had layered a navy piece which I added a border of dots, using the edge of the die and the dots there as my template, using silver pen.  I also used the silver pen through the die in each corner to give a little f the pattern.

There is then a layer of white with a couple of strips of white grosgrain ribbon over two of the edges.




Finally I stamped the sentiment in white embossing powder on a square of navy card which I adhered to the back of the card.

A complex description but hopefully worth it!

Enjoy...




16 comments:

  1. Hi John. Beautiful use of the Striplet. I still haven't bought this die, only got it's brother. Really must buy next time i put an order in to JS. Mind you the ones in Sue's new collection look good as well.
    Glad your craft room is getting up and running.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Great card and I love the detail of this die. Glad that you have got a basic craft station set up : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definite worth the description and luv how you have used the die - fab xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Great card, very intricate, wish my use of a craft knife was that good, my lines would be all crooked.
    Lydia.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, a great card. love how you have made it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, cant wait to see the craft room, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Great card today and I love what you have done with the die...so clever.
    Glad you have managed to set up a craft space and hope you will soon be back to normal.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    superb card. Love this fab design and colour scheme.
    I am hoping to buy some of Sue's dies in the future, as I too love to be able to use my dies in different ways to get the most of them.
    I still have the occasional flight of fantasy when purchasing dies. lol.
    So glad your move sounds on it's final stages, I know if I had to move my craft room I wouldn't know where to start.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    it's me again I notice your blog time is still on your Spanish time zone.
    Hope you don't mind me mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card John, I love your inspired use of that die. Sorry I can't call you 'Two Desks John' now, as you lost out on one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eh up John
    Unusual design today, love the colour. I'm not sure about the ribbon though matey and Val confused me about the Striplet lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,

    Great design, beautiful card, love the colours. To be honest I did not notice the ribbon until I read your post so don't think it was needed.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/


    ReplyDelete
  13. totally agree with you this is a stunning die and a stunning card you have made .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely way to use the background die Ir looks stunning but my eyes can't break it down It's like an optical illusion I feel as if I can see 3 pieces of die cut...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it! You've "woven" it I think The vertical one is underneath at the top and over the top at the bottom Brilliant!

      Delete
  15. What a gorgeous card John, I love that border die your work is amazing x x x

    ReplyDelete