Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Third Project

Happy Thursday,

Firstly I would like to thank all of you for the wonderful comments I have received regarding my published pieces.  Also thank you so much for the kind offers to get a copy for me, Val is going to the U.K. tomorrow for the weekend and is getting Wendy and I a copy!  Mr Next Door is currently in Washington for work so he's not able to get me one (not that he would be able to manage the idea of posting one without the office mail room!)

Also Thanx Michele and others I would love to do TV maybe one day,( unless any C&C producers are looking in then I'm free now! lol)

Today's card is the last project I made for  papercraft inspirations (milking it aren't I and its only a small article!)  It is for the August edition and, as it was summer I thought I should try a, slightly, brighter colour and chose yellow.

Now this card is a little bit of a die cutting marathon as I used quite a few dies, OK a lot of dies, and tons of foam tape.  There are over 6 different sets if spellbinders used for this card however in my defence I have collected them over a while and not all of them are new lol!

The base is a simple hand cut card base with a top fold however I die cut the edge of Spellbinders Bracket Borders 2 out across the top fold.



The reminder of the die cuts are simply layered on I simply cut the a different bracket top on each subsequent layer.

I hope you have enjoyed the projects I have made for the article, I know I could have sent some of my old ones but any excuse!

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Bracket Borders 2
Spellbinders Tranquil Moments
Spellbinders Labels 18
Spellbinders Belly Band one
Spellbinders Foliage die
Marianne Foliage die (for the flower)
Cream smooth PMD Cardstock
Scattered Straw distress ink.




Back to normal service tomorrow!

Enjoy...




19 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    such a very beautiful and stunning creation yet again today. I do love this one very much. The colour is amazing. Superb designing technics as always.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, wow! another stunner, I take it by what you said that you are in more than one edition of the magazine then? Is this just this month and next month or ongoing? As if its ongoing I shall have to subscribe to the magazine so I don't miss any lol! Beautiful creation, love the colour, so right for Summer. Great use of dies.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh John How beautiful. Es perfecto mi amigo. Lovely colour, flowers everything in fact.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another stunning card! I wish they had shown more close up pics of your cards so everyone could see how lovely they are.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card again, the flower is just gorgeous, it is nice to see the older dies used ,i do think we tend to forget them when we get newer dies, love the phot'o of the card of on the beach , looks lovely.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning creation I just wish I lived close enough to a stockist of the magazine The scattered straw & brackets are the only ingredients I have! But will try out the colour with a few of my small collection! Looks Grat on the cream card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    Might have to get Val to get me one at this rate lol! Love the flower.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to see your more complex style of cards in a magazine. I don't buy many craft magazines now (unless the free gift is good) since many of the articles are quite basic. Ideal for beginners, but not to progress. Your blog does that for many of us, pushes our boundaries a bit further. So, thanks John. Love this one too.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Love your card, looks very complex though, don't think I would get through this without a few mishaps.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Lovely card, I love all of the layers.How's the packing going? Won't be long now. It would be good to see you on TV : )
    Sorry for those that don't want to think about it yet (I was the same until I started card making and especially your blog) but when are we going to start seeing some of your fabulous Christmas goodies for this year? If any of your projects are like last years lovely Poinsettia tree I will need lots of time to cut out the required amounts : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, a beautiful card. love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous - colours and layering is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Wowser! I love all of your designs but today's card just blew me away! It's stunning I love all the lays and and the colour is gorgeous. You can milk away as long as you like because your creations are wonderful. An hour with John Next Door on C&C would be great!! Many thanks for all your inspiration.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card John, and I hope C&C are watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. John, what a stunning card. I think you would be wasted on C&C You need your own T.V show !!! Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh John ,this is fantastic ,love all the layers and the yellow is quite nice too [Don't often go for yellow ].Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why use old when you do such stunning new ones

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another lovely creation and really love the flower xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete