Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Striplet Mask...

Happy Tuesday,

Now before anyone starts this is supposed to be red lol!  No pink intended in this one.  A very simple card to make using the striplet mask I made for the post HERE last week.  This time I have simply inked through the mask this time to create a simple shaded background which I mounted on red the white and red to set the image off.


















The header is a simple foam mounted set of layers where I have inked through the die however the back die cut is from I set I borrowed from Wendy months ago and i found the cut and inked piece in my bits box so hopefully Wendy can let us know the name of the set.  The top two layers are from Spellbinders divine elegance again, like yesterday, rotated to create a different shape.








Ingredients:
Spellbinders (borrowed from Wendy Die)
Sue Wilson striplet die
spellbinders divine elegance die
red brick distress ink
White linen cards PMD
Red PMD card.
Ribbon from stash (tutorial for this bow is on my videos page)






A simple card which is quite easy to put together and would, again, suit any occasion.

Enjoy...


16 comments:

  1. Morning John,

    Gorgeous, gorgeous card, love the design, I never use my dies as stencils, silly really as they look amazing. It does look Pink but I prefer that as its a bit more subtle, subdued? Goes better with the green which probably sounds ridiculous seeing as you know its Red not Pink!!!

    Loved yesterdays card too, you do make some wonderful designs with your dies, love them.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Well what a beauty again ! i will be having a go at this idea , beautiful dies you have used and the ribbon bow is gorgeous .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card-really subtle colouring. I also never think of using my dies to ink through.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Me likely. . . . . .it is showing pink but it matters not as its fabulous.
    The back die cut looks like the large one of the SB Ornate Squares? I don't have it (yet) so I may be wrong.
    Have a great day and enjoy your last couple of weeks of sunshine.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Is there no end to the ideas of using this wonderful striplet die? This is really pretty John. The whole card looks so delicate.
    Bye for now.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another WOW! I'm back from my Salsa weekender So once I've loaded up the washing machine, pretended to do a bit of housework, uploaded the photos from the week end I'm going to send you am email (I hope you're not groaning) re bag Thanks for all of your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Great card, love the use of the striplet die, and I too think it's the SB Ornate Squares, a lovely die.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this card! Fancy not thinking of inking through the striplet dies (I have both of the, AND a new airbrush!). Thanks for the ideas, John.
    PS, will you still be John Next Door after your move?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Oh this is so gorgeous.....and another one here who hadn't thought of inking through the dies! Love it.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card and brilliant use of the die to make a stencil - will have to give this a go and a really luvly sentiment xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card John, and another way of using your dies. When I buy a new die I always try it out on some cheap white card, just to check if it cuts ok. These then can be used as the masks, so up-cycling !! Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another stunner John ,I also never think of inking through the Die,and would also never think to make a mask with them.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice John.

    I also wondered if you would still be John Next Door!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. a fab card ,love the die cut you have put on the front of this card .we all know you as John next door I think you will have to stay as that .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. I typed a long comment, and got a Blogger error message, GRRR. I got my background die a couple of days ago, so I am good to go with something similar this time.

    ReplyDelete