Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 23 June 2014

Spanish Lace...

Happy Monday,

As I am sure you all know by now I love the Spanish collection dies from Sue Wilson and I have used these in so many different projects (in fact Saturday's something different project uses this die) Well as my favourite is the background die I keep looking at what I have made with it.  When I was looking at a card the other day I noticed how much the border reminded me of Spanish lace.  Therefore I thought I would try cutting the border off to see what lacy thing I could come up with.

As you can see By cutting the die in black and inking through it in white chalk ink I got a beautiful lacy pattern.  I then cut the border out and cut across each corner and then rejoined these sections to make 2 square borders of the lace effect.




The remainder of this card is very simple, I wanted the die and inking to be the focus of this one.  Therefore the centre is just a square cut from the centre of the die which I have inked using the corners of the die as a mask.  A simple pearls set the whole centre piece off.  A very simple 2 layer card for me but, I feel , very effective and reminiscent of the lace that the older Spanish ladies in my village still make on their knees in the winter!

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Spanish Collection Background Die
White and Black PMD cardstock
White Chalk Ink

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. Wow-this is stunning. As you say-very like the lace the Spanish ladies make. Gorgeous project.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Im sure the Spanish ladies would say mui buen! You have captured the look of lace wonderfully with the inking. Splendid matey!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card ,love the lacey look .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Lacey and beautiful,
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Just lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful John It reminds me of the postcard my Aunt sent to me in the 1960's (she must have been on one of the first package holidays!) of a Spanish lady whose dress was woven cotton and her head-dress (don't know proper name) was black lace It was stunning and beautifully made - not like the ones available today! I kept it for years

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Lace, beautiful card, beautiful memories of Spain!
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING !!! A lovely card. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning card John. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Yes, definitely Spanish lace! Stunning card and I love it.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. This is gorgeous, it is lace like isn't it. A real beauty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! John, this is Amazing, Fabulous. You have showed up the intricacy perfectly with the White chalk, you don't need anything else its a statement all by itself. Beautiful. Well done. Love it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant - luv it and one of my all time favourite colour combos xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card John, I love the lacy look, gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete