Sunday, 29 June 2014

Simple Sunday...

Happy Sunday,


Now when I am moving and trying to pack etc the daftest thing I could do is come up with a new feature therefore that's exactly what I have done!  I thought it might be  a nice idea, especially as the number of new crafters that are following and commenting on my work, that I make Simple Sunday.


The idea is, and today's is the first creation in this theme, that the Sunday offering will be a simpler affair that uses only one die, stamp or project and is something that is easy to follow and copy.

Today's offering is therefore made with just one die from the Sue Wilson Umbria die.  I have used the circular filigree section here to cut an aperture in a sheet of white card and foam mounted over a piece of a beautiful blue colour card.











There are a few stick on pearls added and the simple sentiment stamped across the bottom.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Umbria Die
White & Blue PMD Cardstock
DoCrafts Love Notes Stamp
Pearls.

Clean and simple and, hopefully, easy to copy.

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. I love the card & the idea of Simple Sunday-I might be able to manage to recreate your Sunday cards!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Well done for coming up with the Simple Sunday great idea, we all need a quick card sometimes and this one certainly fits the bill, love the simple elegance of the card white with the dark blue showing through. Beautiful
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    As you post every day I would think Simple Sunday will be time friendly for you.
    Simple but stylish. I instantly thought Christmas wreath with a few poinsettias for todays card.
    Get cracking with that packing. Not long now.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea John, Even with one die, it makes a beautiful card.
    Do you have a moving day yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love CAS cards because a lot of my cards are posted and therefore need to be relatively flat So to have a theme like this on Sundays is a brilliant idea It will give us a chance to see just one die (product) in detail too

    ReplyDelete
  6. H John,
    Great idea,,,Simple Sunday. Your card may be simple but it's so elegant, love the blue and white.
    Hope the packings going well. I'm off for a few days break, just letting you know so you don't think I'm ignoring your blog...will do a 'catch-up' when I get back.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning John, really lovely. Love the colour Blue card you used underneath that looks fab.

    Your design is perfect.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely idea, even I might be able to do this (if I had the die!)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. A simple card it maybe John, but it is still a stunning one. A lovely idea to keep things simple, which I find really hard to do as I want to add things all the time. Have a good day. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so like this idea ,simple Sunday ,This is a stunner .looks great ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    This card is lovely,and would be ideal for a quick thankyou for someone.
    Love Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    What a great idea. And how generous, too! I've taken a brief break from blogging, but am back! I'm determined to find a wider vocabulary than 'wow', or 'stunning'. I think I'll fail on my first comment! This card is truly beautiful.
    Best wishes,
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John great idea,love the card ,and the just a note stamp.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. What a beautiful card, it is simply stunning. I love the blue card you used. And I also love your Simple Sunday idea as CAS cards are often real favourites of mine : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple but soooo stylish - luv it xx I have this die set and not sure how you have achieved this technique but will have a fiddle when I get home xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete