Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Second Project...

Happy Wednesday,



Yesterday I announced that I had made a few projects for my stint as blog of the month for papercraft inspirations magazine.  Well today's project is the second I made and photo'd to, hopefully, be featured.  ( as it came out yesterday hopefully and I don't move back to the UK for a couple of weeks I have to wait for a copy!)







I simply love the Elegant Ovals as I am sure you can tell by the number of times I have used it recently!  The mixture of the soft blue and white is, to me anyway, a stunning combination.  I cut each of the panels separately and simply mound them onto a large card I made with 2 oval apertures cut out from the centres.

Once mounted I threaded a strip of ribbon over and under the different layers  allowing me to float the centre pieces in the apertures.

The background in the inside of the card is a piece of white card letterpressed using a blue distress ink (sorry its a lovely piece and is hardly visible in this card)

I have to admit that this is a time consuming and complex card however the ideas can be adapted to any skill level however I know all of you could mange this one!

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals 
Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small
White & Blue PMD cardstock
Crafters Companion Sentimentals stamp
Ribbon & Pearls from stash
Wendy's Hatpins


I gave this card to a really good friend in my theatre group as a thank you card after the last production I am happy to say she loved it (whew)

Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. So creative and beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card-not sure I have your confidence in being able to make this. Are you able to get a copy of the magazine you are featured in-is OH purchasing it? If not, I would happily send you a copy.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! John this is stunning, got to be one of my favourites of yours to date, Exquisite, elegant, exasperating!!! I think I would have to frame this one lol!

    If you want us to pick up a copy of the magazine for you please ask, just so you don't miss out!.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    I was going to say i would get you a copy of the Mag , But i think you would end up with a fair few lol.
    Todays card is just so perfect in every way ,it took my breath away ,lovely !

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Just love this card. I bet your friend is over the moon with this one.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Oh what a lucky friend you have to receive this stunning card...it really blew me away. I love everything about it and it's definitey one of my favourites.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. First I want to say a huge ma-hooosive thank you for the bag It arrived yesterday It's very sweet of you to let me have it. I will send you a photo when I've re-created it! Today's card is absolutely glorious and thank you for the recipe because I had messaged asking for the size of ovals that work alongside the Elelgant Ovals and they never got back to me I'm gonna have a word with that Sue Wilson and say that she needs to get you on the payroll & help demo on C&C (obviously only if you want to do something like that - you may have plans already)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for this Karen I have to admit this is what I would love to do! Lol
      John x

      Delete
  8. Morning John,
    Fantastic card, love the die cutting, very striking, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. What a stunner! This is beautiful, I love the colours and the patterned paper looks pretty from what I can see : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola John
    Gorgeous card. Have been straining to see the inside, as it looks fab. Went to 3 local supermarkets yesterday and not a mag to be had. Have the nation got John fever? Or have I been places that dont bloomin sell it? Will have to try Hobby craft at the weekend now.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunner, John.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Fit for framing! Absolutely gorgeous card.
    Inspiring me to re-vamp some old, black Victorian oval photo frames picturing my grandparents in their youth, and my parents' wedding photograph.
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not surprised your Theatrical friend liked your card - what's not to like? The colour scheme reminded me of Jasper ware.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm sure she did love it ,it's fantastic,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. John what can I say,I agree with the other comments,it is a Classic.
    Much hugs,
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  16. How could she not possibly have loved it - it is amazing and such an unusual idea and luv the colours xx sorry for the late post but work and an internal wall being knocked down conspired to rob me of some time yesterday!! xxGailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete