Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 30 June 2014

Half a Year Gone?!?...

Happy Monday,


I cant believe that half a year has nearly gone, is today really the last day of June I'd better get thinking about Christmas!?! lol

Today is another of my cards made from the dies I bought and admitting to sinning with last Sunday lol  This is the Sue Wilson Italian Collection Tuscany die.  When I received this the very first thought in my mind was how lovely the detail would look cut and sanded in Core'dinations card stock. I know that not everyone is a fan of this card however when simply cut and sanded it can look so effective!





All I did to create this card was cut all three of the dies in the set in one go with a sheet of lilac core'dinations card.  I then sanded each piece, including the wastes that the dies were cut from.  I then mounted these, with foam tape, between layers of cream card using the waste piece as a background.






 I then ran a strip of deep purple ribbon , not as dark as it looks in real life, across and under the layers and added a piece of lilac tulle, a purple bow, a couple of hatpins and a jewelled heart to add some balance.

This was then mounted onto a hand cut 18 x 18 cm lilac card blank and finished.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Tuscany Die
Lilac Core'dinations Card
Ribbon etc from stash







I have added a close up of the embossing and sanding to show the beautiful detail on this die.

Updates...
Quite a few of my wonderful blog friends have asked for a few updates on packing etc so here goes.  I have now fully packed and have only left out the barest of craft essentials that are needed to keep me crafting in a small way.  I will be taking these with me in the car as we are driving back to the UK however the date has slipped and is now leaving around the 19th July.  The reason for the change is that Mr Next Doors work trip to america was moved and so he needs more work time before he can fly out to do the drive with me!  The boxes will be travelling back next week or so and there is about 4 square meters (which is more than it sounds especially as more than half of it is craft stuff!)
Christmas - I have made some early Christmas projects which will go live the week of the move, similar to the Christmas in August I ran last week, hopefully for those who asked, this will give time to get started on some Christmas projects.
Pearls - Yes sorry Val i did buy all the available stick on pearls in the local Chinese!  I also bought a few reels of ribbon as well!

Enjoy...


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card & lovely colours.

    Thanks for the update, can't believe you are managing to make such lovely cards with most of your crafty stash packed away. Not long now...!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color card and a nice sanded effect .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Love the colour and design of this beauty just not a fan of sanded card. Hope your going to have some chill time now that you've finished work and packing.
    Enjoy the last couple of weeks in the Sun and please bring some back with you lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a lovely card. I haven't used core paper for a while, but I think I will get some out and use again. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect of sanded back Core-dinations and have a small stash But I've not used it much because I've never cut it with a die and you can only do so many cards with crumpling it up and sanding it! Will definitely try this! Just over two weeks then and you'll be here! I hope you have a Llidl near by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    A beautiful card, love the dimension of it. Not a fan of sanded card myself but I know lots of peeps love it.
    I don't envy you that long drive home especially if it's hot, so I hope it all goes well for you.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. That die is making some great cards (with your help of course), but then I never doubted that Sue would come up with some brilliant designs. Thanks for the update, I was one who asked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. Love the card, I haven't done much sanding so will have a go at this one. Thank you for answering my question about Christmas. I will now try and make sure that I have some spare time around 19th July to get cutting : ) Glad that you are getting on well with the packing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card John, I do love the sanding, gives the card a little more dimension. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, a beautiful card. Sanding the card cetainly makes the card pop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,

    Another gorgeous card from you, love these dies, yes I too have been tempted and bought the embroidery striplet, the Californian background and Calabria from the Italian collection. Am I a naughty girl? Yes absolutely!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card John. I will miss you here in Spain but I am glad I will be able to keep up with you when you are back in the UK.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    I've never tried sanding this stock. I really like the way you've kept the full colour for the leaves and the sanded tone for the roses. A beautiful card!
    Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete