Monday, 16 June 2014

Bright Monday Morning

Happy Monday,

Today's card is actually brighter in the pictures than it is in real life, I'm sure you have all noted how the colours we see on different devices are different colours!  The pink card I showed last week came out red for most people!  Today's card is a little like that in that it is, honest, subtler in real life.

I started by embossing a sheet of dark red card with the spellbinders Elite M-Bossabilities folder twice matching up the pattern before embossing the next piece.  In this manner I was able run the piece through the folder four times covering the whole piece without any gaps.  The centre panel is one whole piece of the folder which gives you a good idea of the size!  Next I rubbed the embossed surfaces with creative expressions golden light gilding wax.




The centre panel is made by die cutting two of the centre dies from spellbinders heirloom legacy  and then cuting a circle from the centre of each. I then layered the two die cuts, rotated to show the pattern, over each other and rotated with a circle cut from the Sue Wilson striplet placed behind.  The sentiment is stamped in detail white embossing powder and on a hand cut flag.



Ingredients:
 Spellbinders Elite M-Bossabilities folder
Spellbinders Heirloom Legacy die
Sue Wilson striplet die
Liquid Pearls gold
Crafters Companion sentimentals stamp
Creative expressions golden light gilding wax
Creative Expressions details white embossing powder.
Core'dinations paprika cardstock


Bright and an unusual colour choice for me but somehow it works!

Enjoy...


14 comments:

  1. Great card-love all the detail on it.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card John, really nice background, and tag and of course a little show of Striplets { another great idea } i love how you are showing us all the different ways we can use our dies .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Thought I spied the striplet in there. Lovely card.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Only just had a chance to look at yesterdays card, it was great,really good for the men : ) Todays card is lovely too. I am seeing a gorgeous rich chocolate brown colour, it works so well : )
    Glad to hear that the packing is going well. I know you are trying to get rid of stuff but I bet you are going to stock up on pearls and gems from the Chinese shop before you move : ) Have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Not sure about the colour seems a bit too dark for me, but I do love the concept of the card, beautifully designed.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the striplet die John. I'm not sure about the colour either, but no worries, I can take the basic idea, and sub. my own colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Paprika or chocolate, either way I like this one a lot, suitable for fellers as well, with a few adjustments, of course.
    I just love embossing folders, so user-friendly,
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Very striking card John....the colour looks how you said on my PC...paprika. Love the way you have used SW's striplet die behind the circle.
    Hope the packing is still going well.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card John, I can see me buying the striplet die as you have made so many wonderful things with it. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it and putting a piece of the Striplet behind a die cut is pure genius I am so bad at not being able to "think outside of the box"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    This is a beautiful card.
    Look forward to your new card everyday and I am always in awe.
    Big hug.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola John
    Its a biggy but, as I'm sure you know, size is not important lol!
    I'm getting a chocolatey brown but its a beaut anyway.
    Excellent use of the beloved Striplet.
    Have a great evening.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. a fantastic card ,keep them coming love looking at your creations .Laura O

    ReplyDelete