Thursday, 19 June 2014
A New Technique?!?
I'm not sure if this is a new technique but I can honestly say I haven't seen it anywhere as yet although I am sure someone has done it as its simple! What I am wittering about is the embossed patchwork background.
This started as a play session where I pulled out three shades of blue card from Lidl and cut a load of squares (by hand may I add!) I glued them together to make a patchwork piece however the edges kept peeking up. I wondered what would happen if I ran the whole piece, whilst still wet, through my GC in an embossing folder. I ran the piece through with the spellbinders folder and not only did it stick the pieces down but it merged the pieces into one merged solid piece and gives a lovely deep impression.
All I now needed to do was to find a way to display the piece. I mounted this on a sheet of white card stock then created a large sheet of the patchwork for the back. I didn't emboss this sheet however to make it stick i did run it through the GC with the tan mat and embossing plate which again stuck and merged the pieces.
The sentiment piece is made for the spellbinders labels 38 in the same colours. The last die cut is inked in a matching distress ink with the sentiment stamped in the middle.
I hope this gives you ideas to try and if you have seen this technique before then sorry!
Spellbinders Harlequin M-Bossabilities folder
Spellbinders labels 38
Blue Liquid Pearls
Waltzing Mouse sentiment stamp
Woven ribbon from Hope and Chances.