Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 20 June 2014

A Little Navy...

Happy Friday,

How about a little navy for a Friday morning, cool, crisp and sharp (unlike the weather here which is hot, humid and sticky!)

Navy and white card cut in various layers with a great deal less foam tape than usual! I started by stamping the rococo frame from Indigoblu in details white embossing powder, cutting a simple oval in the centre and then fussy cutting round it.  The remainder of the card was built up to show off the beautiful detail of the stamped frame.




Now to answer a question that a few of you have asked this week I will continue as John Next door when I return to the U.K. next month.  The reason for the name, for those of you newer to the blog, is that Wendy lives next door ti me (Spanish Crafter click HERE to see her blog) had her blog first and referred to me as John Next Door as her partner is also called john!  When I started my blog my first followers came over from Wendy's blog so to them I was already known as John Next Door.



I like the brand and am working on a logo and trailer to go at the front of my video tutorials so no change!





Ingredients:
Spellbinders Valiant Honour Die
Spellbinders French Harmony Die
Indigo Blu Rococo Stamp
Detail White Embossing Powder
Crafters Companion Sentimentals Stamp
Navy & White PMD Cardstock


Enjoy...


16 comments:

  1. Lovely card-very classy.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John this is real perfection. Absolutely love it.
    Have a great day. Keep cool.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking I love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. This is a really beautiful card. Navy and white are so crisp and clean and show off the lovely detailed stamp beautifully. Glad to hear that you are keeping the same name. I think that "If it 'aint broke don't fix it"! Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    You'll be John Up The Road soon for me!
    That roccoco stamp is divine. . . Me want! Gorgeous creation matey.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    Love,Love,Love your card ,the detail in the stamp is Fab ,
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    My pc's showing brown and cream but it still a stunning card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, a lovely card in navy. If you want cool weather just wait until you come back to the UK I think it's forgotten that's it's meant to be summer here!! Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    WOW! Stunning and striking! Gorgeous in Navy and white...I love it.
    Well if you're from the north John you may be a touch lucky with the weather here at the moment...I live in North Wales and it's been pretty darn good all week...maybe not as hot as Spain but still beautiful. Hope all is goin well with the move.

    Love Sheila xx

    Lo

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad you are staying as John next door so enjoy your blog ,this is another fab card today .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    This card is Perfection in every detail. Navy and white so elegant!
    Indigoblu stamps are the finest quality on the market, in my humble opinion;
    every fine line and detail comes out perfectly - even with gilding flakes!
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning card John. Love the navy and white.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John fantastic card,love navy and cream,this stamp is one that I would buy and try stamping.First did you just put the white embossing powder on the stamp and then stamp it.I have no idea what people mean when they say fussy cut??
    Hope the packing is going well
    Ireland has a heat wave especially in Cork
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fab creation and another fab sentiment - glad you are keeping the 'brand' name as it is unusual and what we will always know you as xx hot, sticky and humid here too but not complaining (yet)!! - have a fab weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning John, love the combination of the Navy card with White, really sets it off. Love the design and that Rocco stamp is gorgeous.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete