Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Last Sue for a while!

Happy Wednesday,

Today's offering is the last, for a while anyway, of my Sue Wilson Californian background die.  I wanted to try Sue's fire and ice technique and this is the result...


I just love the rusted gate look of the background especially with the contrast of the silver glitter.

For those of you who are not aware of this technique it is a little time consuming but fun.  I stared by adding a double sided adhesive sheet to a piece of cardstock .  Next I ran this sheet, with the top cover for the adhesive in place, through the big shot pro with a light touch so that an impression is cut into the card however only the cover sheet for the adhesive is actually cut.  I then carefully removed the sheet on the main party and gilded the card using autumn leaves gilding flakes.

The next step, after burnishing the gilding, was to remove the cover sheet from each of the smaller parts.  Then I simply added silver glitter which only stuck to the final parts i had uncovered.

As you can see form above the technique can create some beautiful results.  I framed the finished result with Kraft and glitter card and added a simple strip of ribbon.  The final piece was a bow (of course) and a die cut tag with used the scrap adhesive sheet which I glided.  A few of Wendy's beautiful hat pins for balance , I always seem to find a pin to match in her collection, and its done.

Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. Another WOW John, so impressive, anyone would love receiving this beauty. Love the technique, one to attempt I think.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John
    This one has a real wow! factor. I haven't tried this technique yet but really must give it a go as it looks so stunning.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    Another stunning card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing John. I think I´s seen Sue do this but had forgotten how beautiful it looks.
    Now you´re giving the dies a rest for a while I bet Wendy will be in there borrowing them and I don´t blame her. LOL
    Have a good Wednesday.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Haven't tried the technique yet either and not sure I could do it the justice you have.
    It looks fantastic.
    Hope you're not racing round Benidorm on a mobility scooter!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. This is a beauty. Such a great technique that is worth the time it takes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a real stunner. Never tried it yet, but I really should. It would never look like this though. Don't put these dies away for long, I love what you are doing with them
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful inspiration John, hope you are enjoying yourself. Lovely sunny day here today to rival Benidorm!! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. John this is stunning, so, so gorgeous. I love the Fire & Ice Technique, never fails to impress.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card ,have seen this but not tried it yet ,Does seem a little time consuming ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've made that one die look really good with all the things you have done with it, Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John labels card I love the way you made it,yes I have seen Sue make it,you have put your own twist to it.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lush and sophisticated.
    Enjoying Benidorm I hope
    I'm off to UK tomorrow - rugby and craft shopping
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card & although a bit glittery I think it would make a fab male card xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete