Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 12 March 2014

In the same vein...

Happy Wednesday,

Today's card is in the same vein as yesterdays in that i used the same products however there is a little die cutting on this one.

Firstly to answer Jackie's question from Yesterdays comments I don't use anything to seal my Mica stamping.  I have, in the past, used hairspray however I find that a good dusting over with a thick make up brush (i'm sure there are correct brushes for this but the makeup brushes are cheap!)  This seems to burnish the surface and keep the colour on!

The focal element heart is not die cut, having looked through all my dies I do not own one that cuts this homespun heart shape so I hand cut it before embossing.

This card actually started with the frame which I cut using a simple square die and a postage stamp style die.  I foam mounted this over a plain piece of cardstock which I stamped using versamark with a same colour mica powder to give a damask effect.

The handcut heart is placed in the frame with a banner, cut in the same hand stamped paper, stamped with dream finished with a spellbinders Les Papillions 2 die.

Finally I mounted the whole piece on a handcut Kraft card base which I stamped in the same way, using the same colour Mica.

This is a card I actually gave to a good friend as her Birthday card yesterday, as you know i rarely make cards to give away.

I hope, like lesley, you...

Enjoy...



12 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Wonderful use of the mica matey and haven't you got a steady hand to cut that heart out. I instantly thought Valentine but why not hearts for a birthday? Fab!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Another great card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. You are certainly feeling in a romantic mood at the moment with the heart cards.
    I´m sure Lesley was delighted with this treasure.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card John, i so like the color ,paper and style .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour combination of red and kraft work so well together John so I'm sure Lesley will love her card. Thank you for your advice re the mica I will try this out net time I play with some. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Another beauty. I love the papers and the heart. I'm sure Lesley loves it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rich and lush, wish someone would send me a card like this.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card John, the butterfly really makes it. I have the Spellies hearts, so I'd use one of those. They are plumper, which I prefer, compared to the longer skinny ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John love the card I have no idea what mica powder is ? Will have to google ,and u tube it.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    A beautiful card. I like the skinny heart and it gives more room to showcase the background papers. And you've places a pretty butterfly. Anything with a butterfly is fine by me! (Just seen Mrs Duck's card with a butterfly stamp and die cut!)
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    another very lovely card today. Fab cutting out of that super heart.
    Your cards are always to very lovely, and designed to perfection.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab card John ,love the mica in the background and the heart and butterfly are so pretty too .Can never go wrong with a butterfly .Laura O

    ReplyDelete