Sunday, 16 March 2014

HobbyCutz Sunday!

Happy Sunday,

Sorry today's post is late guys however I was waiting for this weeks hobbyctz challenge to go live!  This weeks challenge is shaped cards and I had a hankering to see what the trellis die from Tonic would look like cut as a filigree card so here it is...












I cut the card base using the die to cut through two layers of cardstock from PMD however I left the cnetre section whole.

I stamped dream in the top right corner with versamark and dusted it with Gold Mica powder (set with Hairspray as I have been asked a few times)

Next i dusted a selection of wooden laser cuts from Hobbycutz with the same mica to give the wood a lovely sheen.  I added a few bronze gems around the foliage and on the butterfly.



Finally I added a few of the gems in the spaces on the die cut card base and finished, a little dark but hopefully the filigree spaces make it a little lighter.

The hobbycutz challenge is open to everyone and this weeks theme is shaped cards so get creating and entering! You may even win one of the prizes from our spaonsors.


To see what the rest of the design Team have created then click here!  

12 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Great card, love the colour.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, a very different look.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello john ,love the tonic dies and this is another lovely card made with them ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea John, well done, looks great.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. I´ve never seen this tonic die. It´s lovely as is the finished card.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Don't know why part of your text seems missing on my screen but did you cut through 2 layers of card at once? Great concept and love the laser cuts.
    Be good.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well worth the wait John, very impressive
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got this die! Oooh I do love it when you come up with ideas I haven't had , using dies I do have. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever creation John. Good luck with the challenge, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John I nearly missed this work of art,I am trying to think what other die I could use.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A stunning piece of art. How original and beautiful.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete