I have to admit that todays project (not a box hurrah) started out as something different than what I am presenting. I watched the Sheena Douglas you tube video featured on the Hope and Chances website and decided to cover the carft caddy I purchased from there with the leather technique however for the large pieces I needed for this It just didn't work! I decided to go for a smaler first project so this grungy notebook was born.
Now I dont normally present grungy projects although I do like to get my hands dirty occasionally!
I started by colouring the "leather" with a combination of distress inks ( black soot, fired brick and vintage photo) before attaching it to an already made natebook. I then added more ink to age the cover and hopefully make it look like it had been in a drawer for years.
A strip of ribbon, as a page marker and a bead and finished. A little distressed but I hop you like as this is very different for me.