Friday, 7 March 2014

A lot of laughs!

Happy Friday!

As I said yesterday we had a fab time in Benidorm and we saw some sights, now those of you who watch Benidorm the TV series may have heard mention of Sticky Vicky well she is real (my friend didn't believe she was real I can promise she is) I can testify to this as we caught her show!



 Now I don't have any pictures of the show to display (as they would be X-rated) however  I do have this shot of our reaction.
 Not a flattering picture I know but believe me we couldn't stop laughing!!!






Back to today's crafty exhibition, this card which was made upon my return, was made to highlight the reverse letterpress technique.  I simply inked an embossing folder with chalk ink and ran it through my die cutting machine.

The result was double matted onto teal and white cardstock before i added a die cut of Spellbinders A2 filigree delight, a cut form ironworks and the centre section from the filigree set.

The sentiment is is one of my favorites from the sentimental set from crafters companion.


A bow and a few pearls finish this one off,

Enjoy...




13 comments:

  1. Hi John. Love the card, it is gorgeous. Glad that you had a good time watching Sticky Vicky! I didn't realise that she was a real person, thought she was made up for the tv show Benidorm! I wonder what job description she puts on forms etc? : ) Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    A beautiful card ,especially like your bow and sentiment .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Beautiful,beautiful,beautiful! Do the chalk inks dry quick? Im always wary if something's going to smudge.
    I laughed at the ladies expression and the fact her head is tilted to one side. . .can only imagine why.Hopefully not as bad as Jacqueline on Benidorm who pulled out a set of ladders in her Vicky tribute act hahaha!
    Have a great day matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Such a lovely background and a great technique. A very pretty card.
    I can understand the expression of disbelief on your faces especially when the razor blades appear. It makes me cross my legs just to think about it!!!
    Enjoy Friday John.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    I too thought Sticky Vicky was a made up person for the show, looks like you enjoyed the show,
    Love your card John, but I would like to know how many pearls you get through in a week of crafting? it must be hundreds.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    The look on the lady's face says it all! I've not seen the act myself but have heard from plenty who have lol!
    A very elegant card today. I've not tried the letterpress technique yet but think I should as it does look lovely.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful but you have not used a bead pin!!!!
    Will have to catch up this weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card John xx is 'sticky Vicky' as good as 'wacky Jacky' off the TV who had to stand in for Vicky whom was on her hols!!!!! lol xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card John, though I couldn't find a die for the white scalloped card framing the sentiment. but I expect I could substitute something similar.
    You are a bit of a tease with your trip to Benidorm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed your break John though never having watched Benidorm I don't know what you are talking about!! Lovely card though, must try the letterpress sometime, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card John and a great photo, looks like you really enjoyed yourselves.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    beautiful card today. Love those super die cuts, and your fab creation with them.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    Another beautiful card - love the sentiment. Pleased you had a good break - what a lovely surprise for you. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete