Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 20 March 2014

A little more gentle...

Happy Thursday,

After the die cutting marathons of the last couple of days, especially Tuesdays card for Mrs D, I thought I should present something a little gentler today.  This card I think of as a rhapsody in lilac as it seems, to me at least, that the lilac highlights shine from the card.

I stared with the rose fabric paper from First Edition Floral Pavilion and mounted this in two panels across an A4 piece of card stock.  To maker the card stand with the weight I was putting on the front I zig zagged the fold so that it also gives the front piece a nice floating feel and stands straight.

The back panel of the card is softened up by the addition of a piece of parchment (or vellum found it in my scraps box) embossed with a criss cross pattern.  As usual I studded the centres with pearls before adhering over the patterned paper.


The main element was made by embossing a piece of lilac cardstock (from my LIDL Stash) with an old Boofle patchwork folder from DoCrafst before distressing.

Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. This is stunning John, love the papers, design and embossing. Gorgeous bow too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. What a gorgeous card. I love the lilac, the vellum looks beautiful and the floral paper is so pretty. All in all a real beauty : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John
    What a pretty card. Love the floral papers. A great design.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww how lovely is this card, beautiful paper and the pearls add a special touch ,and such a fantastic bow .
    Well done
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's different from the last few days, but it is dreamily georgeous.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    There's the pearls again, you must a have a share in the company. Stunning card love it the way you have softened the back panel with vellum.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    Absolutely gorgeous. The paper is stunning and the design is terrific.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty card John, somehow it's fresh looking,.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it John I might see if I can do something like this,I am at the stage I am cutting Dies,but then my brain goes blank.
    I am in a lot of pain ,so am blaming that.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card looks absolutely amazing, as always !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. floral paper is stunning ,a,brilliant card that is so beautiful to look at ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful card! Happened to stumble across your blog. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Preciosa tarjeta, adoro los colores, es una composición maravillosa, gracias por compartirla....

    ReplyDelete