Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 3 February 2014

Your Card Jenifer...

Happy Monday!

Firstly an apology no post yesterday, due ton an emergency I had to go into work yesterday (second job) so instead of crafting and eating Sunday Lunch I was serving it instead!

Back to Today, today's card is made for Jenifer Swannells from Krafty Keepsakes, click HERE to visit her blog.  Jen was chosen at random by my boss this time so when I got in last night I made this card for her.

 I like to make me Your Cards specifically for the person rather than just choose one I have already made.  Now Jen has been struggling with her Craft Mojo recently so I thought something Light, Pink and with a new idea might help to kick start her craftiness (is that even a word)




This is a simple one die card in white and pink, the new idea is the centre piece which is satin 1 cm ribbon in Pink, which I have woven over the open aperture.  The ends of each ribbon have been woven between each of the different layers I cut to make the aperture.





To make this one I started by cutting the largest label from Spellbinders labels 28 in the smallest piece of card.  I then worked my way down the label sizes whilst increasing the size of the pieces of card and alternating the Pink and White.  I added a silver layer, just to give some definition, between the pink and white.

The weaving is done after the layers have been stuck together, using foam tape, however I had to make sure that each layer was only stuck down at the corners to allow room for the ribbon.

A bow, and no pearls!, finishes this card.  As usual if you email me on Lockers@live.co.uk with your address Jenifer I will post this creation to you.

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous John with such lovely colours. Hope you manage to some crafty time in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    A very unusual card, not sure about the ribbon, bit OTT for me, but the colours are lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I´m back! Although I got back from my lovely holiday over a week ago, it was to find the computer had a giant virus and it´s taken this long to fix it. Didn´t half miss my daily blog shot.
    Any hoo, Love todays card - lucky Jenifer. I´m happy I can go in the "dip" now to win one of your creations. It would save you postage if I won!
    Looking forward to seeing what you´ve come up with in the last few weeks.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love this card! Very innovative with the weaving, and so pretty and feminine. You have hit the spot with me, shame it isn't coming my way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a fab card and luv the woven ribbon technique over the aperture xx and yes there is such a word!! hope you get chance to enjoy a Sunday dinner today xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Was a bit worried when there was no post yesterday.
    Jenifer is a lucky lady. What you have done with the ribbons is gorgeous. Not sure it would look as neat if I tried to do it lol.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, to think you worked all day, missed your Sunday lunch and still came home and made this beautiful card for Jenifer. The weaving is so effective. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John what a kind person you are Jennifer will be over the moon.the card to day is beautiful ,I love the colour and the ribbon.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Great card. i love the woven ribbon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice job with the ribbons John,well done Jennifer .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    such a pretty design card. Love all that pink ribbon, and pink is my fav colour.
    Nearly got there just a different surname. lol.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much John for such a beautiful card, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier I was actually admitted into hospital so this card will certainly cheer me up when it gets to me. It is absolutely gorgeous and I just love the woven ribbon, just make sure you get my surname right lol :-) Hugs, Jen xx

    ReplyDelete