Sunday, 9 February 2014

Wendy's Hatpin Box...

Happy Saturday,

Having made the box for Valentines that I showed on Wednesday, click HERE if you missed it, I thought there was more that I could do than the basic box and my thoughts moved to a pincushion box.

Now when I made the original box I used it to hold a load of beautiful hatpins made by Wendy, available in her Etsy shop click HERE for the link, I thought i could make it more useful if I made the top a pincushion to highlight the pins and to nudge me as to which ones to use next.


As you can see better in this picture the top of the box is padded and domed on top with wadding and fabric and the hatpins are 'plugged into' the side.

I have decorated the edge with a striped ribbon which neatens the edge.  The remainder of the box is made in the same manner and I have used this for extra hatpins.

I think, again, this will make a great gift and my be heading my mum's way (with another for Wendy perhaps!)

Enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. Found there is a second Saturday project for us!! This is really lovely John and I'm sure your mum will be thrilled to receive it. I'm very impressed. Going to look at Wendy's hatpins now. Have a good day, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks perfect John. Thanks. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you have had a 'glitch' but this post says 15th - but anyway it is to our benefit two posts in one day WOW xx luvin this and would defo like to give it a try - although I am not sure it would look anything like this xx lucky Mum and Wendy xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. I think you may have gremlins as this post is dated Sat 15th Feb! Looks like you will be doing a new post for next Sat :) I adore this box though, it is so pretty and like the sewing kit would make a beautiful present. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really sweet and perfect for Wendy´s hat pins.
    love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty box John, I might have a go, but I'm guessing assembling a heart shape might be a bit fiddly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    brilliant box and brilliant colour. Love the idea to make it into a pin cushion on the top. Very clever construction of the gem of a creation. I once made a round box, and it was so fiddly that I never attempted it again. My fingers just won't let me do fiddly anymore.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever, John, and a really pretty box too!~

    ReplyDelete