Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 16 February 2014

Wendy's Hat Pin Box Revisited...

Happy Sunday...


Here is the box I remade for Wendy to say thank-you for the wonderful hatpins she makes me Click HERE to go to her Etsy shop for the pins.

This box is the same as the one I mistakenly published last Sunday, click HERE to see that post.  However as all of this week has been a red and white love fest I thought I really should calm the colour palette down a little so this one is made with beige Laura Ashley type fabric.





The box, as before, has a padded domed lid and makes a perfect pincushion.  With this version I have lined the inside of the box with the same fabric and highlighted the colours with lace and ribbon.






Tutorial for this one, with pictures, is written and will be out next week, however now I am back from the U.K. I will try to make a video tutorial for this one!

Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Hi John. I love this box. It looks lovely in both the red and this floral material. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I was looking at sewing boxes only this week in the Chinese as a present for my friend. it would be so much nicer to make her one. Her birthday is the middle of March so please do a video when you´ve got the time.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and thank you. When are you going home? I,m booked for Thursday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Lovely box, very pretty material.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these little boxes John so am looking forward to seeing your tutorial and video for it in due course. Got some sunshine today though it is quite chilly, at least the washing is getting a bit of a blow. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    This is sooooo pretty. Would be very interested to see a video as I'm intrigued how you attach the sides to the bottom.
    Thanks for your comment chuck but there's no way my photo skills match yours. I can but try.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Wendy is a very lucky lady xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    another super box. Love the fab fabric used in this one. You are a very talented crafts person. Looking forward to the tutorial on this.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John lovely box,lovely material and Wendy will love it ,her hat pins are super
    Ita

    ReplyDelete