Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

The Antidote...

Happy Tuesday,

Today I thought I would show an antidote to the Pink I showed yesterday lol!  Now I like pink as much as the next bloke which means not as much as other colours! lol

I love autumn shades, which I know is not everyone's taste, so today I have made a card in browns and beige's however I have lifted this with a little gold.  I'm hoping that the butterflies make up for the colour choice.

On reflection this week seems to be developing into ribbon week, today I have simply added a strip of ribbon to lift the brown and no bow!

The main focus of this card is the tonic butterfly die borrowed from Wendy next door.




I started by embossing a new crafters companion alphabet folder in the brown cardstock and rubbing gold pigment ink over the top.

The next layer is a gold mounted rectangle embossed in the same folder but not highlighted with the ink.  I inked the butterfly die cut with gingerbread chalk ink but it just doesn't show on the picture!

Hopefully the red background brightens this card.

Enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great card, good for the men. I love the sentiment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Must admit not so keen on the colour but love the lift of pink and Wendy´s beautiful die.
    Good to see Ita back.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Now you know I don't do brown normally. . . This one I definitely change my mind on.Reminds me of those Galaxy caramels and nearly as delicious lol.
    Thx for your lovely comment today. Coming from you, with the creations you make its high
    praise.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    I for one the love the colours you have chosen, but it could be made in any colour, we all have our favourites.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card again and take the butterfly die away and it would be a fab male card - liking the emboss folder too - I went hunting through my stash after seeing a couple of your cards made with a leaves emboss folder as I was sure I had one and the one I have is from Crafters Companion - like their emboss folders but unfortunately their dies aren't so good xx GailT xx


    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you have mad me smile John, a lovely card and the embossing detail really shows up well in the pictures, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,this card is lovely I think the colours are great. just to let all of you know Jennifer is very ill at the moment,she was in hospital in the last few days,and that was a waste of time she is very dizzy and can be left alone at home
    Thank you Val for the welcome
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice design, but a bit dark for me - though I have no problems 'translating' ideas into my own colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a lovely card John ,the colours go so well together and the gold definately brightens it too ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete