Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 20 February 2014

Something Fancier...

Happy Thursday,

I thought today it was time for something a little fancier and bright.

Yesterday I used Spellbinders scalloped borders one to create the clean and simple lines however whilst it was on my craft desk I wanted to try cutting it in some new red mirror card I bought last week.  I was looking for gold and silver and picked up the wrong pack so thought I had better use it!  so this card started with the band across the centre.

The background is a sheet from my new 'Neroli' paper pack from First Edition ( I've since heard from Mrs Duck that this has been discontinued so if you want it get it now! lol)





The sentiment is from a set of three I recently ordered from Crafters Companion form their Sentimentals range, Click HERE to be connected.  All of the sentiments I have been using lately have come from these three ranges (hope that's enough information Anne O)

I die cut 2 ovals form Spellbinders classic ovals small and framed the sentiment with the twist cut form Spellbinders metal tags and accents.

A strip of ribbon is added to bring out the pale blue and soften the card a little with a bow and some of Wendy's hat pins.

Enjoy...


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous John. I'll have to get making more pins when I get home. See ya soon, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this sure stands out, elegance personified. Big word hope used in the correct context. Nevertheless this card is gorgeous.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Great close up of the beautiful scalloped border. Stunning paper and I love the sentiments you´ve been using lately.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and opulent. Shows how dies can be so versatile.
    cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card John, great colours love the background paper,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't sure about the ribbon, John but then saw it was picking up the blue spot on the paper. Nice and cheery for this dull day, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a lover of red and especially red mirri board but I do really like this card and all its elements xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola John
    I don't know if I can bring myself to use this sheet from my pad as its so gorgeous. Beautiful card and great choice of ribbon.
    Panic not folks, its some of the FE pads in certain sizes that may be discontinued.
    Have a great afternoon.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI John,
    Love your card very opulent.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Wow, I love this one! So bright but not brash, just gorgeous. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, thank you for providing the info on the sentiments. Yes perfect, some great selections there, both simple and thought-provoking. I love this card - jolly and bright. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete