Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 22 February 2014

Something Different and Softer (hopefully)


Happy Saturday!

As fellow crafters I am sure most of you have felt about your creations the way I feel about this post.  I am almost reluctant to post this as it is one of those that although I thoroughly enjoyed the day it took to make, I feel that others could view this as an easy quick project!  (there again how many times do I make something that I say is quick and it takes others a while! lol)




however whilst I love it I'm not sure it looks as complex as it was.  So i throw this one over to you!

Today's something different is a Thank you Card set with a box that could be used for holding any kind of stationary.

I started by making this square box in really thick cardstock (what the Americans call chipboard which I find strange as chipboard is what my dad used for shelves when I was a kid!)  The box is a perfect square with a square fitting flip / hinged lid.

I have covered this in 2 matching patterns from First Edition Neroli (see once something is on my desk it can hang around for ages like the floral pavilion pack last year!)  the pieces were cut in panels, distressed in Fired brick distress ink and stuck on.


The contents were based on my mums want for a set of thank you cards and the simple card I made on Monday, click HERE to be reminded.  I wanted some simple cards that could be made in batch´s and this style was so easy to replicate using just one die and one sentiment stamp.

 The cards are made from plain cream card at 13.5 x 13.5 cm square (handcut) as I have an old Sizzix Bigz XL die that cuts an envelope at 14 x 14 cm however this is pretty much a standard envelope size so you don't need the die.

I used the two matching papers from the outside of the box, the pattern behind the die cut bird and the stripe down the front.  The sentiment is, again, from the Crafters Companion Sentimentals range.










As you can see from this picture I lined the envelopes using the stripe and made the flaps using the pattern so that everything ties in.

There are a couple of other ´bits´ inside this et however I am saving those for another day, don't want to overload everyone.

A nice gift that I may save for mothers day!

Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    what a superb creation today. I can see that this project would have taken ages to make, but oh so worth it. I love your really fab design of the box,and those wonderful papers distressed with ink really brings them to their best. The cards inside are also very lovely. Your Mum is going to be so pleased with this, and proud of such a talented crafting Son.
    Sadly my mother never lived long enough to see my beautiful creations as they are now, she saw some of my first efforts though, but I have made some beauties, and I think she would have been very proud too.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, great project, made with taste ! Admire your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab creation, love those adorable cards and envelopes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Wow! this is fabulous, what a wonderful gift for your mum, she will be chuffed to bit with it. I would not even attempt anything like this, not got the patience.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont apologise John, it's a really pretty box and very handy too. Makes a lovely gift, I'd love to have it given to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Your Mum will be thrilled with this lovely box, cards and tags. Love the papers too, they are gorgeous. It may be simple to make but that doesn't always mean quick does it. You have done a great job. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super project John and the attention to details shows how much you care. Your mum will be so pleased with this I'm sure, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is stunning ,a lovely gift for your mother ,would probally take me a week to make but it looks so pretty finished .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project John, love everything about it. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. This project is fab and a real labour of love xx what a fab present for someone xx Gailt xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic project John. your mum will be thrilled.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning box John, your mom will be pleasede.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. No doubts here John. If I was your Mother I would adore this and I'm sure your Mum will too. Its so beautifully made and I hope you manage a tutorial about it too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John fantastic,everything about it,if I was,making this it would take me for ever,take a bow John
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola John
    Better late than never. Extra hours at work yesterday.
    What looks simple can often be the trickiest of projects and if you're anything like me, sometimes you have to tweek the odd bit along the way.
    This is superb in every way. Beautiful matey! Mummy L will be thrilled I'm sure.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete