Thursday, 27 February 2014

OOh La La...

Happy Thursday,

After the response to the Black and Pink card for Lesley on Monday I was really inspired by the idea, floated by quite a few of my wonderful followers, of a french sophisticated feel.  I decided to have another go with the colour combination and try to add a little french Naughtiness!



I started by imagining a basque laced up the back and thought that Spellbinders Curved border one would match this exactly...  I die cut the pink sides using the scalloped die and punched holes in each scallop.  I foam mounted this onto two matching cuts in black and pink (to try to give an idea of the seems!)

The lacing is made by twisting organza ribbon through the holes I punched in a criss cross pattern and finished it with a bow.

Voila a little bit of french fancy (I hope!)

Today's card is to be sent to Maggie in France to add some colour to the drab days in Northern France ( Its cold here so it must be freezing there!)  So Maggie if you email me your address again, I never keep peoples addresses it comes from being a data controller in the UK, I will post this, post haste.

Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. Hello again Lovely John (and everyone).
    Lovely card John thankyou, a little bit of naughty ooh la la might the solution to lifting me out of 'my gloom'. I would love to think that I could pull myself into the sexy 'corset' you have created in your card but in my case the ribbon would need to be replaced my steel reinforcing rod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops pressed go too soon - hadn't finished
    Have still been peeping into all the lovely blogs and will try to get commenting again - in a bit of a dark place at the moment sorry. I am in south west John where it is not so cold . Thanks for your email last night cheered me no end - I do need an explanation about the oranges though - sorry?!
    Happy crafting everyone. maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. what can I say but Oh la la! Great idea and card. Glad Maggie likes it. I hope the dark clouds in your life lift very soon Maggie. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you bit of naughtiness John. Love pink and black as a combo. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Love the basque design. Very pretty colours.Oh to have a figure like that!
    Yes it is cold here at the moment especially in the mornings. I was out with the dog at 7.45 this morning with gloves and scarf on.
    Hoping Maggies spirits are lifted with your card.
    Love Val x
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Wow, that's definitely pink! I'm quite disturbed that you have been thinking of basques lol!
    Bit confused as I have a green card showing on blogger too.
    Nice to see Maggie back. Hope you get a bit of sunshine back in you soon Maggie.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Well this is different, very clever idea. Not really my cup of tea, but I can see that it would put a smile on lots of faces.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John, well I have to say I have never seem anything like this before!! but it is all good, a very cleverly thought out project - but that is the engineer in you, no doubt. Has anyone ever had a waist like that since Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind?? best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely pink but I do like it. Would love to have a waistline like that lol!
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wickedly, innovative use of that die! Fantastic idea! I do hope Maggie likes her card - I think we all need some spring sunshine now - it's been such a dull, wet and dreary winter

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cards very different ,nice to see you are around Maggi,please e.mail me,I can not find your address.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    what a really fab idea for those lovely dies. I am sitting and thinking, how many of us would love to have a very tiny waist. lol. Perfect colurs used in this gem of a creation. I'm sure the lady in question will love your super card.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh La La xx very nice and innovative - clever you xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    Great use of the dies and great colour too. How unusual and a little bit saucy!
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete