Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 13 February 2014

Love is Laughter...

Happy Thursday,

Sorry guys if the red background is starting to get a little monotonous!

Today's card is another of those that looks better in real life than the picture as you can't see the depth very well.

This card started with the sentiment and I built the card around it.  I inked the die cut heart then stamped on the words from Crafters Companion.  Next I die cut a scalloped heart, inked it in the die then mounted the topper on a piece of ribbon before foam mounting to the backing heart (wordy isn't it!?!)

To make the card I die cut different sizes of plain and scalloped heart die ( a mixture of Spellbinders and X cut) in red and white.  These were mounted together, with foam tape, to create the front and aperture.  I simply then threaded the ribbon through the layers.









The background is a piece of red snakeskin paper which shines really nicely in real life.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas for last minute Valentines Cards.

Enjoy...


11 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    A beautiful card, I love the red.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Really love this card. So pretty and has great depth. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. xxxx John I just wanted to check that you got my email that I had sent to you with my address on it which I had sent you last week? Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,
      I did receive your email unfortunately I have had to fly to England for a family bereavement I am home on Saturday so will post it on Monday.

      Take care, john x

      Delete
  4. very nice card John, not overfussy, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card John, simple but so effective and again luvin the sentiment that you have used xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don´t apologise for the red and white John, I love it.
    Lovely card with a lovely sentiment.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card John ,simple in design but with all the layers it's fab .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    What a beautiful card. I love the way you've combined the different hearts. And I love the way the ribbon holds them in place.
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    another really super creation today. I love this super design.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete