Sunday, 9 February 2014

Love is in the air!


Happy Sunday!


Today's is the launch of a new challenge at Hobbycutz and this weeks theme is LOVE or Valentines.  I have been hoarding this beautiful lasercut from Hobbycutz especially for valentines day ( same as I believe a certain Donna Pato is! lol)


This is my Inspiration for you all for the challenge using a range of Hobbycutz wooden lasercuts.  Now as all my regular followers know I love die cutting however there are some times when paper cuts just wont do what you want and that's where I find the wooden lasercuts perfect. For this card I used the word love and was able to gild it, using indigoblu Sheffield steel (well I am from Sheffield originally) and sanded it back a little to let the natural wood colour show through.

Next I added a few ting leaves in piles which is great with these as they have depth..

To look what the other DT members have made or to enter the challenge click HERE.

back to todays card I started by die cutting and embossing the red heart in red PMD Card-stock which i shaded using a white chalk ink-pad.  I mounted this onto a white layer hand cut and foam mounted onto the backing card.





The leaves were glued on to the side and over the bow with a few red gems and the lasercut LOVE on top.

This weeks challenge is sponsored by  The Paper Shelter and there are prizes so click over to enter.

Enjoy...

7 comments:

  1. Hi John, I must be up earlier than I thought if I am first to comment today. Never fear it is all positive despite not being into hearts and love and valentines. I do though love the paper you have used that looks like stitching so would be interested to know the name. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luvin this and all the stamping on the base of the project xx interesting to hear you are from Sheffield - I was born there and now live just outside - hence the Owls cards made for the significant other and our son (say no more)!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Gorgeous card! I love the die cut "Love" and your choice of papers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its Monday morning ,how did I miss yesterday ,this card is stunning ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete