Saturday, 15 February 2014

Lets Replace Saturday

Happy Saturday Guys!

Due to my being an idiot and not scheduling properly todays project and post went live last Sunday!  Therefore I have had to remake and re-post one for today.  Now The reason I had to schedule so far in advance is that we have had a bereavement in the family and I have had to fly back to the U.K. for the funeral.  Therefore I am writing this on Monday morning when I really should be getting ready for work.  That said here is the replacement project, what I have done is throw together some valentines (or mothers day would be an idea as valentines day was yesterday) sweet box's.



The box is cut from an A3 sheet of cardstock using the same Sizzix box die that I used for my Christmas boxes to make the advent calendar / ornaments.  Click HERE to see what I'm talking about.

This first box is decorated using more of the Home for Christmas papers this time with hearts on.  I simply inked the edges of the paper with red distress ink and the edges of the box with white chalk ink.  The tag is two scalloped hearts punched holes to make it look like a button and ribbon threaded through.









This box is decorated with felt cut hearts in pink and the tag is two of these blanket stitched in red.  A few buttons and thread and finished.









As you can see the box folds open and you can get a lot of sweets inside (or maybe even a ring!?!)

These box's are cut from a Sizzix die as I said and I am planning to have some box's precut for Christmas as they proved very popular when I made a decoration with them for the mantelpiece I have also used these box blanks for some wedding favours and place cards but more of that when the Bride has seen the samples and chosen!

  Hopefully I will be working with Wendy to add some products and projects to her Etsy shop.


Enjoy...

9 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Sorry for your loss. Not a good time to in the UK with this bad weather. The boxes are lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope your journey goes safely. I love the boxes, so sweet. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning John and that explains why I got confused with the posts last week. However I am sorry to read why you are travelling in this horrible weather. Stay safe, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Hope you got back safe and sound yesterday. . . . .and that you got to fly from your airport of choice! Hope things are more settled now for you.
    Catching up with your red theme has been lovely. Everything has been gorgeous and today's boxes are no exception. And yes, you were right, I did save my "Love" for Señor Pato's card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did put best wishes, Ang x at the bottom but its disappeared. So again. . . .
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for you sad news John.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab box and to say it was a 'quickie' amazing as always xx sorry to hear you news and hope you had a safe journey with all this horrendous weather xx have a good weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this box ,it's cool,the boxes look great decorated ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John very sorry to hear that sad news.The boxes are super
    Hugs
    Ita

    ReplyDelete