Friday, 7 February 2014

Ivy Ivy Everywhere.....

Happy Friday!,

Sorry if I have been a little lackluster with the descriptions this week time is always seeming to run away from me (i Know excuses excuses!)  I will try to put a little more in for the next few days.

Today's creation is designed to answer a few questions I've had this week.  I have been using a lot of |Ivy dies recently, they were featured on a few days cards
On This Pink Card I showed yesterday, the box I made last Saturday and the simple white card I made a couple of weeks ago (click on the links to see the cards I mean)

Now these were all made using a small Marianne Ivy die, click HERE for a link to the die.  Al I have done is to cut the card then shape the ivy using a large ball tool and the back of a mouse pad.

On todays card I have used a larger Ivy die from Joanna Sheen's signature range, click HERE for the link.  I have left this die as cut and have not shaped it to show the difference.

This card started with the sentiment, which I stamped onto a spare die cut Spellbinders Labels twenty eight.  I matted this on a random sheet of grey / black tartan fabric paper and wanted to make a card to highlight the simplicity so it had to be white!







I cut two pieces of white hammered cardstock with Spellbinders bracket borders one and foam mounted them above on foam pads.











This then seemed the perfect card to show the difference between the dies.








I hope this helps and answers some questions.

Enjoy...







12 comments:

  1. John this is a lovely card, simple in style ,love the bracket border and the ivy die ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Lovely card, as I agree with Wendy, perfect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card John, I love it. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. i will go with the perfect comments too, it really is beautiful. Thanks for the ivy dies info. I so need to get the smaller one first. Also want to say thank you for blogging every day, even when you are so busy, it is much appreciated. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    No need for apologies matey. You're doing a sterling job!
    I can honestly say, this is one of my favourite of your cards. Just pure simple elegance. . . . . .stunning!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and luv the simplicity of it - the paper is fab too xx have a good weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning John elegant in it,s simplicity .
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    I just want to reiterate the comments about appreciating your daily blog - however long or short! It's such an achievement - something new and fresh every day. Today's is an absolute beauty. Thanks for clarifying the ivy die info,
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been out all day, but still had to come and look at your card, which is really pretty, and would be good for a lot of different sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, just getting around to see yesterday's card as I was so busy, I don't know how you fit it all in. This is such a pretty and elegant card, really nice, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. May I inquire where you found the sentiment, please? This is lovely!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete