Sunday, 23 February 2014

Hobbycutz Sunday

HI All,

Today its my turn to create a card for the design team inspiration for the hobbycutz challenge.  This week its a photo inspiration using the below picture....

and this is what I came up with.....

This card is made using a sircle die from Tonic which I got as another Ebay Bargain (I love it after christmas as people have craft room clearouts!)  I started by handcutting a 18 x 18 cm card blank then die cutting a circle from the centre.  Next I cut a sheet of My Minds Eye paper, in the appropriate colours 1cm smaller round each edge and with a larger circle in the centre.  This was mounted onto a piece of the violet card and foam mounted onto the card ( before adding a little lilac chalk ink to distress the edges)

I then added the topper which is the die cut circle,again, distressed in the chalk ink and dressed with roses and distressed butterflies (spellbinders Les Papilions 2) with a few hobbycutz laser cut foliage pieces tucked in to give contrast.



The laser cuts have been embellished with pearled embossing powder, these were made using the triple embossing technique which, in real life and not photo's, gives them a depth and beautiful shine.



The sentiment is a simple hand-cut banner in the same papers stamped with DREAM again from Crafters Companion Sentimentals my current must haves!


Back to the challenge, to enter click HERE or to simply see what the rest of the design team have come up with to inspire....

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great card, and I love the colours you have chosen. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    fab card today. Beautiful design and die cuts. Love the paper and your wonderful flowers too.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card - luv everything about it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey :) Amazing card !! Love the different colors of the card and the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card John, and a nice interpretation of the picture supplied.. I got some nice crafting goodies in the post yesterday, all from various sales and offers that have been on since Christmas, so I am a happy bunny.

    What made me even more happy was that I was the winner of Sue Wilson's bumper bundle, so I am a 'lady in waiting' for that to come. especially as I can't see all the lovely things in that small pic! I very rarely win anything, so I am over the moon about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John this is a beautiful card, have a fab sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, love the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful John, very vintage looking, love it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the paper you have used in this John and how you have interpreted the picture, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Love the paper love the die and love the roses. Beautiful, what´s not to like?
    Enjoy Sunday.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola John
    Great, smashing, super! The colours and that paper are divine.
    I clicked on the link but there is no new challenge showing, unless I'm doing something wrong. Still waiting to hear from Hobbycutz as I entered the DT call weeks ago.
    Also, are these sentiments on stamps or stickies ? (I know your usual take on peel offs)
    Have a great afternoon.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. a really pretty card ,love the colours and the tonic dies are so cool .Laura O

    ReplyDelete